Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I just spent the afternoon bonding with the Duc('02 S4). Started to go for a ride, geared up sitting on her letting her come to SOT and she sputtered and died :-/

Seemed a little odd, never done that before. Crank, crank, crank, sputter, sputter, nothing.

Change clothes, lift tank looking for the obvious pinched hose etc.

Tank down crank and start! Idled for about 15sec and died.

Long story short don't trust the low fuel light. The light comes on during the test sequence but never again.

Two gallons off fuel and she starts right up and runs fine.

My only other thought is a faulty fuel pump but I doubt that because I could hear it whirring away and she

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
be glad you didn't have to push the ol' gal to the station! yep... the low-fuel dummy light fails once in a while. usually (in my experience) at the most inopportune moment. get that sucker replaced under warranty, but make it a habit to calculate your milage -> expected miles/tank -> use the trip-meter to guage how much fuel you've got and fill up whenever convenient. heck... you're better off keeping the tank filled anyways to prevent condensation -> rust.

·
Registered
26 Posts
What Strati said. My low-fuel light hasn't worked since I got my baby. For me, 150 miles on the trip odometer *is* my low-fuel light.

--Griff

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice.

I'm still getting used to her and the trip had 153 miles since the last fill-up.

I'll use about 120 as the target just to be safe.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I have run my S4 out of gas at about 125 miles +/- twice. I always go by the trip meter now and get serious about gas at 110 miles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts