Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
not in....with some of the trips I think I am going to be on this year...that is one that I think I won't be able to make!

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
If my wife goes to Poland, i'd have the leverage to make it happen. I'd need a week off cause i'd wanna ride there like an Iron Butt type thing.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Last years events seemed like a huge batch of fun. Great roads, amazing scenes lots of DMLer shenanigans...

After last year, there was some talk of a few folks gaining up with a truck and trailer and driving straight though or perhaps 2-day it. There were a couple plans, and even a 'sponsoring' offer from someone who wantere their bike, but wanted to fly.

Personally, I'd be willing to be a driver. But I have no truck or trailer to offer... just ability to drive and a wish to get my bike there too.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Oooooo tempting.

Other vacations are on the horizon, so I'm out. I have no truck to offer -- well, Ian could prolly borrow mine but I'd hate for you guys to foot the gas bill on a range rover hauling a trailer... :eek:

Have fun anyway!

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Long trip. 1927 miles from DC. mapsource says 31 1/2 hrs straight. And thats via interstates. If i ride, it will be 2 days out and 2 days back. Hmmmm...IBA has a Saddlesore 5000 catagory. 5000 miles in 5 days. This might work. That works out to roughly 34 trips to the gas station. No lack for time and location stamped reciepts!

Reality would have me putting a class 3 receiver hitch on my Jetta TDI and renting a small 2 bike trailer. The Jetta has a 2k lb tow rating.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts