Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
no... unfortunately, it's not MY s4 that'll be getting this upgrade but a buddy of mine just scored a low-mile st4s motor to transplant into his '02 monster s4.
"why not just buy an s4r"? i dunno... this project'll be more fun!

i'll keep y'all posted!!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Re: other people's $$... st4s motor upgrade for s4

What is the purpose for this swap? Didn't feel like pumping up the stock engine?

·
Registered
8,800 Posts

Dunno what he paid for the ST4S motor, but it comes with about 16 HP more, if he does the large diameter exhaust. Considering he could sell his S4 lump, those 16 horses probably come pretty cheap.

It also has the wide ratio transmission, that the S4_should_have come with in the first place.....

Best part is, he can step on that ST4S motor as hard as he wants, and he can still ride his bike while hotrodding the motor.

Almost bought an ST4 motor myself for the last two reasons alone...wish I had. :(

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

exactamundo... he's planning on doing some headwork on the st4s motor before the swap so this is downtime he's avoiding with his own bike. not that he'll be riding much longer (winter's coming very soon in mass). i totally forgot about the tranny difference. good point nick!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts