Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I said "screw it" to waiting any longer for the FBF full system and ordered the full Arrow with CF pipes--should have it by next week with a PCIII with my own custom map. Sometimes you just gotta be proactive :)

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
patience.........I'm running out! What's the word from Remus?

·
Registered
133 Posts
The word from remus is IMMINENT, and has been for the last two weeks or so,-maybe one of us should send them a dictionary so they understand the meaning..........I also said f--- it and am waiting for the call to say my Arrow full system is in, also ordered a 44 T rear sprocket (std is 42) i tried to fit my 14 to the front but (i have raised the back 10mm ) even with me sitting on it the chain is in quite hard contact with the swing arm chain runners, so i`m also waiting that, Ducati replied saying `critical stock level`-so we`ll see

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was going to order from Motostrano, but my dealer said he could get them from the main supplier--I am assuming at the same price as Motostrano which is $1139 w/o shipping,

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
Mike I discovered today that there is a later edition of the DP catalog than the one I have. I could only see a 42T listed hence my question.
Contacted JHP today & ordered a 44T. I have also jacked up the rear 10mm and would have discovered the same problem you did if I had fitted a 14T front as I intended. (arnt these boards wonderful!!)
I took delivery last Friday and have been nipping out when the climatic conditions permit, didn't take to long to discover this baby is way overgeared.

BTW are you going to the Monster track day at Mallory?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll be very interested to hear your reports after the gear changing--sounds like its going to help quite a bit.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
When I changed my M900 gearing it made the bike more ridable around town. I hope it does the same for the S4R. I find myself hunting for the right gear in traffic. I also don't use 6th until I'm past 65mph. The 996 motor also likes to rev more than my 900, 4000 rpm is the lowest she likes to run.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When I changed my M900 gearing it made the bike more ridable around town. I hope it does the same for the S4R. I find myself hunting for the right gear in traffic. I also don't use 6th until I'm past 65mph. The 996 motor also likes to rev more than my 900, 4000 rpm is the lowest she likes to run.
I've been doing a bit of downtown riding lately and have noticed the same thing---I need something inbetween 1 and 2. I agree with the 4000 rpm lower limit as well--below that and the engine bogs a bit. Hope the new gearing helps.

R

·
0 Posts
I guess I am heavy handed from riding the 4 c jap bikes. 4 is where I tend to start anyways.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Mike I discovered today that there is a later edition of the DP catalog than the one I have. I could only see a 42T listed hence my question.
Contacted JHP today & ordered a 44T. I have also jacked up the rear 10mm and would have discovered the same problem you did if I had fitted a 14T front as I intended. (arnt these boards wonderful!!)
I took delivery last Friday and have been nipping out when the climatic conditions permit, didn't take to long to discover this baby is way overgeared.

BTW are you going to the Monster track day at Mallory?
Not really thought about the track day, there is also one organised by Ducati Manchester at-that track in Anglesey-forget the name, I`m not a big Mallory fan-I also engineer race cars and every time in the past weve been there it ends in tears!!-Still not received my 44T, when ordered it said ``Critical stock level``-`way over geared``--you obviously have`nt ridden a std geared S4!!-now there we are talking overgeared!!!!!!-I`ve not received my Arrow system either--ps-Demon Tweeks

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
Ok everyone...I'm having a tough time deciding whether I want the Arrow system or not. I want something loud, which I hear they are. Can post some sounds? The one thing that holds me back on these is that they hang too low, covering too much tire, but maybe it's the pictures? They seem to follow the lines of the bike pretty well. If anyone can post some pics or sounds, I would GREATLY appreciate it!

Thanks!

L

·
0 Posts
I have a sound clip floating around here somewhere.....I can post a larger file tomorrow if someone can host it.....

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
Thanks Liter, those look awesome! Yeah, if you could post a longer video or sound clip that would be great! I just want to know what they sound like with some throttle...I'm going to get a quote on a set today.

R

·
0 Posts
You may want to do it outside also. Doing these things inside tends to effect the mic. They sound better outside. No echo and mic cut off.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts