Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to but my first Monster soon and was wondering if anybody has good or bad to say about Motoprimo. Will they treat me fairly or will I get the dry rod?
Thanks
Nick

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The staff at Delano was easy to work with and the great pricing they gave me was enough reason for me to buy there. This said, I woudn't bring my bike to anywhere but Motoprimo for parts and routine service.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Do your research and go into either place prepaired and informed and you shouldn't get screwed. Figure out which bike is for you, go look at what they have on their floor then start talking price. http://www.cycletrader.com/ is a good place to reference fair market value for new old stock. Good luck!

·
Registered
240 Posts
I've had fairly good luck with Delano. I have to have some warranty work done on my bike and they are going to come pick it up for me. That extra effort goes a long way in my book.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tim at Delano is a great guy and will deal..I wouldn't hesitate to recommend buying from him...

·
Registered
735 Posts
I bought my bike from Tim @ Delano and he was very fair to me and the purchase went w/o a hitch. Before I bought out there, I tried to work on a deal w/ Primo but they just didn't want to move on price.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bought my first two Ducatis (99 996Bip & 00 MonsterDark900) out at Delano and Tim did a great job. The price was something that the folks pay'n high rent in the metro area could not contend with.

My current Ducati was bought at MotoPrimo... although I am close friends with someone in the shop there which may have helped some. I had also talked to Tim and had a quote for the new S4R three days earlier. I stopped in to drop a friend off that was picking up his bike from service, and I saw a new blue/white S4R being moved into the showroom.

I asked them how much and they did not even have the bike ont he books yet. I told them what Delano offer'd pricewise and there was a 5 week wait to get one in. Primo came in to match the price and I took the bike home that afternoon.

Sales end was a good experience and was happy. Although, I do think it was due to odd set of things in my favor. On the shop side of things...

I have never made the haul to drop off any bike at Delano for work. I had Todd down at Primo do my first tuneup on the S4R last Fall and did not have any issues.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I went to Motoprimo on three seperate occasions and no one would even talk to me, I went to Delano talked to Tim and low balled on an S4 and he took it. I do however bring all my service to Todd at primo he rules!
jj

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Women at Delano need to have 3 thousand dollars cash in their hand to even get a hello. Won't ever go there. I bought my bike at the beginning of Primo's exsistence when it was under the old management from Trackstar. Needless to say I got the farm and the horses for free. Todd is a God. Never go anywhere else for service.

I have bought countless items at Primo from CT. He's a cutie. :-*

·
Registered
735 Posts
Nope, nothing has changed at Primo, same stuff.

The only reason I am taking my bike to Primo for the 6000 mile service is because it is free!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Delano is really earning points from me. I live 45 mins from their shop and they are sending a driver out to pick up my bike and have it fixed. Above the call of duty if you ask me. Hopefully they fix her quick.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Tim at Delano gave me a great deal on my bike and was super cool.

For service, I don't go anywhere but Manley. I've established that realationship and in the long run it always pays off.

For the small parts, sitting on the ducs, free food, and questions I'll go to primo. Even though the sales guys seem like pricks the service guys are pretty cool when you have a question.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Will they treat me fairly or will I get the dry rod?
Thanks
Nick
oops I never answered part of the question......I hear they use ky.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts