Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first ducati, M800, and already coming to 6000K service...300 miles to go. If the bike is running fine and seems to have no problems how long would people wait until bringing it in for service......like later on in the season? The bummer thing is that a ducati service shop that 2 hrs away got some bad rap by my friend and he recommends bringing it to richmond, va which is 3.5 hrs away which is not convenient.

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
I wouldn't do your service intervals by feel. I change my oil at least every 3k miles. I also make sure the bike gets looked at by the shop at those same intervals, the 6k and 12k services are also the most important. I put over 12k on my bike annually and would like to keep it running long into the future. Personally I'd rather pay slightly more, get the normal service intervals, and not have some major problem crop up from neglect...

·
0 Posts
I feel the same way, get it done right and you'll have less problems in the future. I have an 800 also and am approaching the 6,000 mile mark swiftly. I plan to have it properly serviced as well.

R.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice!!!!

Looks like I'll be taking it up to Richmond, VA soon!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts