Discussion Starter #1
greetings. i'm considering putting rizoma "hi vision" or
"circuit 998" mirrors on my S4R .... these are two
styles which replace the stock units. any opinions or
experience would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
I have the Rizoma Circuit 851 mirrors. The profile is the same as the 998 and many of their mirrors.

YOU CAN'T SEE A THING OUT OF THEM.

Too low and close-in to be worth anything. Might as well go mirrorless. I am thinking about running a single bar-end mirror by CRG on the left again. I could literally see everything on the left AND everything on the right from blind spot back!!

For now, I will keep the Rizomas because they look so dam good.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I use mountain bike bar end mirrors on my M900 and all other bikes.

They are small and do not take away from the overall styling.
They are out wide enough for clear vision at any speed..

Good ones are durable and can survive most impacts.

An they are CHEAP. About $15 each.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I just ordered the high visions (black) and am hoping they work out.
I kinda went conservative (I think) on looks to get better vision, but felt it nec. to take off the stock bonehead ones.
I should be getting them in about 2 weeks.

W

·
0 Posts
I've got them too... you can't see a thing, but they look great. Mine vibrate A LOT which doesn't help either. Dosn't bother me, I always look.

Z

·
0 Posts
Same experience here.
Lots of vibration and a very small viewing area that is pretty much worthless. They sure look sweet though, don't they?
Since I can't trust them, I've learned to use my head and not the mirrors for the most part.
As soon as I save up a little extra cash, I'll swap them out for the CRG bar end's.

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
I like using the CRG mirror or any good mirror to checkout my buddies on my tail & to watch out for cops.

S

·
0 Posts
he wants bling man.........

go for it if looks are what oyu are after...there was another small company making them that looked like rizoma, but were very nice looking and functional

R

·
0 Posts
I bought the CRG 2" mirrors by mistake. I was going to take them right off, but they looked so good and small. I finally got to ride the bike after 2 months of snow and they worked great. I am going to stick to them.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Da#n :'(
I was just saying to myself how cool the Rizoma 998 Mirrors in black would look on my dark! I was just about to order 'em for $170.00 bucks the pair....thought I'd see what anyone thought, found this thread and now I'm all deflated. Da#n it!

Quick, somebody whos my height or less (I'm 5'5") ...please come on and tell me that due to your smaller frame, that the 998's afford you perfect vision....Please....Anybody.... Someone.... vibration? What vibration?

I think those are really sharp. It figures....

I was looking into the confusions and then I saw those. Last chance...someone have anything nice to say about 'em? :'(

Ride Safe,
JJ

·
Registered
1,305 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
hmmm....pictures didn't turn out, but if you go to the main page and search M620 for pix, you'll see them. They're kinda dark and hard to make out, though.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I'm getting the confusions on my bike, I'll tell you next week how they work out. :-D

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
Here are the confusions on my bike. They are OK. Viewing area is small, and the glass is not convex at all, so that does'nt help. At least you don't look at your elbows...

I give them a 7 out of 10, if that helps.

R

·
0 Posts

I am very happy with my 2" CRG. Even if I did get them by mistake. I thought I was getting a good deal on Lane Splitters. But they are small and work just fine.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Dennis-

did you mount those to the bar ends or did you have to get the CRG adapters?

R

·
0 Posts
They are on the bar ends. I have been waiting for a set of Cycle Cat bar end sliders from Motowheels. DBS-4 But they were not in stock yet. Hopefully I will have them soon.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts