Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dave & Charles are having an open house tomorrow Nov. 30th @ 8PM.

They will have pizza & drinks & plenty of advice & enlightenment on our suspensions. Plenty of free jokes too [laugh]

I met them today & in 10 min. Dave made my bike feel a millon times better than it was. I had SUPPOSEDLY had my sag set by a REALIABLE suspension guy from Rosamond. Well, I was @ 46mm of sag on the rear when THE GUY told me I was @ 32mm. Needless to say my rear end is now much higher & my rear shock is actually working like it was designed to [thumbsup] Also discovered that the rebound & compression on the front was also way off & different in each leg!

Best part is he didn't take any money & told me to ride it & come back in a day or two & tell him how it feels [thumbsup] I know who's getting my business ;)

I forgot to get a card so I can't post their address but they are in El Segundo on California St. just at the end of the 105.

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
GusDuc said:
I forgot to get a card so I can't post their address but they are in El Segundo on California St. just at the end of the 105.
s'okay... their address has been posted a zillion times on here. ;D

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
derby said:
s'okay... their address has been posted a zillion times on here. ;D
That's how I found 'em ;)

·
Premium Member
4,036 Posts
I'm gonna try like heck to make it. [thumbsup]

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
i think dave owes me money now ;) [cheeky]

nice... i'll try to be there.

·
Registered
911 Posts
So how far down did he crank your rear preload? Is it close to max? I suspect a replacement of the stock rear spring would help the rear shock work much better.

Lester

GusDuc said:
Dave & Charles are having an open house tomorrow Nov. 30th @ 8PM.

They will have pizza & drinks & plenty of advice & enlightenment on our suspensions. Plenty of free jokes too [laugh]

I met them today & in 10 min. Dave made my bike feel a millon times better than it was. I had SUPPOSEDLY had my sag set by a REALIABLE suspension guy from Rosamond. Well, I was @ 46mm of sag on the rear when THE GUY told me I was @ 32mm. Needless to say my rear end is now much higher & my rear shock is actually working like it was designed to [thumbsup] Also discovered that the rebound & compression on the front was also way off & different in each leg!

Best part is he didn't take any money & told me to ride it & come back in a day or two & tell him how it feels [thumbsup] I know who's getting my business ;)

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ciao Fun said:
So how far down did he crank your rear preload? Is it close to max? I suspect a replacement of the stock rear spring would help the rear shock work much better.

Lester
Lester,

He went 6 turns but there's still plenty of threads. He also changed rebound & rebound & compression front & rear. I can't wait to try it out on Sun [thumbsup]

No more running wide on that first tight left-hander above the Rock Store ;)

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
wow. i just got back from having dave sort my S4. WOW what a difference. :eek: so much more compliant and cured a laundry list of handling problems i was having with the bike.

i could literally feel a big difference even just fred flintstoning the bike out in his parking lot. best $70 i've spent on the bike!

as other folks have said, dave's a great guy too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts