Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have an open clutch cover? If so, how has getting caught in the rain affect it? Also, Can things get caught in that area? Pant legs, small animals, babies? They look super cool, but I want to know if it's practical to have one. Otherwise, I'm considering a cover with a window.

·
Registered
735 Posts
When going down the road in the rain that baby is spinning too fast to worry about water. If you leave your bike sitting in a 7 day rain storm, you might get some rusted plates but nothing disassembling and cleaning won't solve.

Yes, anything could get sucked in by the mystical powers of the open clutch. Keep small children and critters away!

·
Registered
153 Posts
You may want to do a search of this board. This topic has been covered about eleven-thousand times. General consensus seems to be that clutches suffer no ill effects due to an open cover.

Jeff

S

·
0 Posts
Personally, if it start's raining, I'm taking off my clothes or doing whatever I have to do to keep my bike dry, my rain suit is for my bike. Isn't that why we have overpasses, they're the best umbrellas. ;D ;D ;D ;D

V

·
0 Posts
Last year we went to Barbers Motorsports Park for the superbike races and rode home about 300miles in a Monsoon and I had no problems with the clutch or the bike for that matter..The only problem I had was I wanted to run 80 or 90mph and everyone else wanted to go 45 including my buddy who was riding about a mile behind me...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts