Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

open clutch cover/other "bolt on" easy mods

2K views 32 replies 4 participants last post by  Retro 
#1 ·
OK, today is payday and I wanna order some stuff. Is the clutch cover easy to swap out? Looks like a few bolts and thats about it... also any thoughts on other simple swaps would be appreciated.

#5 ·
But I the chinka chinka chinka sound. I though all Ducs were dry clutch...? What clip ons are you talking about? Why should I change the tires? They are fine...zip ties will cost nothin. How much is a Sargent gonna run me?
The 600/620/750 monsters have a wet clutch (it's bathed in oil). The 900 has a dry clutch. Not sure about the 03's.

#7 ·
Tony call Tom @ Manley, the Vortex clip ons that Kevin is trading in will fit your bike. Im sure Tom would treat ya right on them.

#8 ·
Tony call Tom @ Manley, the Vortex clip ons that Kevin is trading in will fit your bike. Im sure Tom would treat ya right on them.
what is the benefit of those?
what else do you think I could do on my own?
as far as MAnley goes, I do need to stop down there and check out the stuff on clearance. Wouldnt mind getting a new seat.

#9 ·
They tend to make the bike less squirly under hard acceleration as your getting more weight over the front wheel. You need these ;D

#10 ·
They tend to make the bike less squirly under hard acceleration as your getting more weight over the front wheel. You need these ;D
are you trying to tell me I am fat? that along with Retro's comments about me looking like the Michelin man in my riding gear, makes me sad. I am taking my ball and going home.... :'(

#13 ·
a little bit of foofoo is ok. makes it pretty. I will get the ride height adjuster, I just wonder if I can do it on my own. Need to do the chop also. How much do you think your clip ons are worth? or rather- what price would they go for? how about new?

G
#15 ·
don't chop now.......well if want go ahead.....don't remember but they were the least expensive ones and good quality......$140.00 retail?
....but it will take some time getting used to the clip ons...but you will enjoy the twistys much more....
okay I vote clip ons and tail piece....plus you can get some groovey renthal grips for the clip ons......

G
#17 ·
are you trying to tell me I am fat? that along with Retro's comments about me looking like the Michelin man in my riding gear, makes me sad. I am taking my ball and going home.... :'(
you will poof less with the clip ons and go faster with the retro tail piece. ;D

Did I say it was only forty dollars?

#19 ·
No Tony!! I didnt say you were fat. Its just Kevin that says that. Monsers are know to be abit squirley under hard acceleration as your more upright and the weight is more towards the back.

Oh to do the Adjuster you need to hang the rear of the bike from something to get the weight off of it. Otherwise it just falls onthe floor.

#23 ·
After Laguna, and hearing the clink clink of all the ducs, I came home and took my clutch cover off and drilled the holes to open it up. Bead blasted it, and it even has my monogram on it. It looks and sounds perfect!

G
#25 ·
there you go tony find a older bike six speed, dry clutch, and swap out the clutch and gear box.......by the way, i absolutley love the 620...the short stroke on that thing makes it rev so damn nice......really cool I want one........
that's the mod you want after the cool retro tail end piece of course......

#26 ·
find an older bike huh...... My next Duc will be a 748 I am thinking, or somethin along those lines. The 851 is pretty cool too- for a girls bike. As far as the bracket goes- I want to see what I can find laying around at my old man's place. May find something for free, that way I can use that $40 to buy some of those pretty rainbow streamers like you have hanging on your bar ends... hey maybe a bar end mirror.. I could run to Manley and then swing by Penn cycle too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.