Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike cane with the full K&N filter and box cover. I just took the top off and ran with it open with duck tape holding the filter down . (ghetto...i know) Its definately breatheing better...but i know that i need to rejet the bike...how much is this and what exactly does it do.? thanks

·
Premium Member
2,248 Posts
Re-jetting the carbs will either richen or lean out the air/fule mixture. If you are running an open airbox, that means that your bike is probably running a little lean so you need to richen the air/fuel mixture. The best thing for you to do is to take it to your local dealer and let them take care of it for you.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
yukio said:
ya my faullt...its an 03 620. I rode it all day and it was great...but i know i have to get it jetted and get a better cover.
You can't since you have FI. You need carbs to jet. Cheap way out is to have the CO trim adjusted. More expensive is a Power Commander with a canned map. Then you have Power Commander with a custom map, or even a FIM computer. Trim adjustment seems to work for most people. Now it is time for homework. If you do a search on this board there is a lot of info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts