Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a Monster a short while ago. I really liked the looks of the bike was one of the main considerations which drove me to purchase. I had heard a lot a comments about the great ducati sound and I just did not get it. Well this week I put a set of D&D slip-ons on the bike and now I get it. The bike sounds awsome now. I can't wait for it to warm up to go for a ride.

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
There are three kinds of bikes IMHO that sound like sex-on-wheels. Ducatis, performance prepped BMW boxers, and thumpers.

I'm lucky enough to own two out of three. Someday it may be 3/3.

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Mark1305 said:
There are three kinds of bikes IMHO that sound like sex-on-wheels. Ducatis, performance prepped BMW boxers, and thumpers.

I'm lucky enough to own two out of three. Someday it may be 3/3.
No doubt! Why do so many of the BMW crowd do nothing with pipes, etc.?

David B.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
First fell in love with the Ducati sound when my buddy fired up his 900s baffle out exhaust and the bike sounded like satin being casted down from the heavens. The sound is definitely original. I have just arrow slipons and I love the sound of my bike. I think the full exhaust will be a little much for me.

-ghost

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Count Desmo said:
No AARP discount from Staintune?
[laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

·
Registered
602 Posts
just ride it with no cans (just kidding). i had the cans off mine once and decided to run the motor to see what it sounded like........oh my god..........it was listening to a nascar V-8. it a very addictive sound. like crack you know only better.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
ghostrider said:
just ride it with no cans (just kidding). i had the cans off mine once and decided to run the motor to see what it sounded like........oh my god..........it was listening to a nascar V-8. it a very addictive sound. like crack you know only better.
Here's a video of my s2r800 with the cans off right after i bought it.

Watch it for the audio, not the video, though. My young son was holding the camera as I rode the bike. As you'll see, I don't think he has a future in film making. [laugh]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0rYNMyqQv4&mode=related&search=

·
Registered
602 Posts
oh yea that the sound. do you think it would be illegal to ride with no cans.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Here in Missouri I don't think it is. Hell, with all the straight pipe Harley's and Big Dogs around here that are louder than **** and make my bike sound like a moped......if I even get pulled over for my bike being too loud.....well....I'll probably not be able to do anything about but I'll be extremely pissed! [laugh] [laugh]

·
Registered
602 Posts
;D ;D ;D ;D
don't be so hard on yourself, i did it today taking the bike on its first run in 8 months. [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
johnstl said:
Here in Missouri I don't think it is.
Believe it or not, it's one of the few things that is on the motorcycle inspection checklist. I just don't think that it's tightly enforced - at inspection time nor at ride time.

Where are you in STL? I'm in Tower Grove area, and I've only seen 1 S2R on the road here - late one night on Manchester between Hanley and Lindburgh. We should try to get a STL Duc run organized some weekend.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that straight pipes are illegal in any state. And for that matter, so are Termi's, 2Bros, D&D, or almost any other aftermarket pipe. That's why they all say "for track use only."

Fortunately though, it's rarely enforced. My guess is it's something you'd get written up for, only if you were being a total d!ck to the officer that pulled you over, or riding like an @sshole to begin with (note: do not turn this into a cop-bashing thread).

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
hemisphere_shuffler said:
Believe it or not, it's one of the few things that is on the motorcycle inspection checklist. I just don't think that it's tightly enforced - at inspection time nor at ride time.

Where are you in STL? I'm in Tower Grove area, and I've only seen 1 S2R on the road here - late one night on Manchester between Hanley and Lindburgh. We should try to get a STL Duc run organized some weekend.
I'm out in west county. But, I work down off Kingshighway. I think I may have seen you a couple months ago on Kingshighway, around 8am. Maybe you? Red?

The wasn't me you saw down there at night. Never been there past dark.

We really should get the STL ducs together for a ride. Maybe when it's a little warmer, though. ;D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.