Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I debated whether to put this up, and decided to go ahead.

Miles has been fairly active on this board so I decided you might want to know...

Miles overcooked a corner riding to to meet us for our TNR (Tuesday Night Ride) and went off pretty hard. Fortunately, he chose a grassy place (most of New England is trees) to do it.

The gear worked well. Externally, he's clean. Unfortunately he's had internal bleeding, particularly a kidney. He's been in the ICU since Tuesday night. They have been trying to aviod cutting him open, but he's not free and clear yet.

We're all hoping he comes out with all his parts still where they belong.

I've posted an address for cards over on the NEMHA part of the board if anyone's interested. I think I'll confine interim updates on his progress to that area as well.

So think of Miles. Send him some positive healing energy! Hopefully we'll get him back on the board in a week or so. It will be a while longer than that before we get him back on the road with us.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
damn what a shame! I hope he is doing better. You know, we have all been pretty lucky this summer. We have a few members that have done a little surfing without major injury to themselves. Imagine what kind of shape Miles would be in without gear.... this should be a wakeup to any of you out there not wearing gear!
send him MADDOG's well wishes please.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Don~

That's is extremly upsetting! I will go over to your board and get the address Marty and I would like to send flowers :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
That is a shame. I don't know Miles, but I'll be thinking of him. Glad the gear did its job but it's a damn shame about the internal bleeding. Gear can only do so much, I guess. Positive vibes are being sent from Vancouver, Canada. Get well soon, Miles!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Get well soon Miles. We all feel for ya.

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Always sad to hear someone goes down. Good to hear that recovery is likely, even if it takes a little while. Thoughts are with you, Miles

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
I also hope Miles is better soon. I was hit on the Bay Bridge here in S.F. about 2 months ago now and I'm still feeling it some days. I just wish every discussion about spilling bikes on here doesn't have to degenerate in somone lecturing about wearing the right gear, that got old a long time ago...

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
"...this should be a wakeup to any of you out there not wearing gear!"

Sorry, maybe I'm too sensitive, but I've talked to a few other members from the board and the whole "wear the right gear" stuff is really getting annoying.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Don't ruin this thread with gear talk! This is about someone seriously injured in the hospital!

Thank You,
Carry On :)

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
I agree, it was an inappropriate time to voice my opinion, I apologize...

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I spoke with Don and I am going to have the card enclosed with the flowers say it is from all of us at the DML...

Cuz, I got it like that yo! ;D

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
I spoke with Don and I am going to have the card enclosed with the flowers say it is from all of us at the DML...

Cuz, I got it like that yo! ;D
thanks for doing that.
i sent a card, but hopefully he'll be out by the time it gets there. [smiley=waytogo.gif]

S

·
0 Posts
Damn! That blows. :(

Please pass on my best wishes for a speedy and full recovery and let him know we're all pulling for him.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts