Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so my 695 just started breaking in (up to 1250 miles) and I went to crank it up for a ride saturday and only one piston would fire. Touched a sponge to each pipe found it was the front cilinder. I take the plug out and its COVERED in deposits and real gunky. I check the other cylider and the plug is absolutly perfect. So I replace the plug ran for the day got home let the motor cool off take out the new plug to check it and boom same issue. The only mod ive done is an air-box cut and a k&n, but that would mean more air than fuel right? Please help :O

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
If the plug deposit is wet and smells like gasoline or dry and powdery it is fuel. If the plug is covered with a wet black deposit it is oil. Either way, w-a-r-r-a-n-t-y!

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
howie said:
If the plug deposit is wet and smells like gasoline or dry and powdery it is fuel. If the plug is covered with a wet black deposit it is oil. Either way, w-a-r-r-a-n-t-y!
That's how you spell relief!

·
Registered
489 Posts
if the rear plug is fine and the front one is fouling, would it possibly be a problem with the coil? if he got a multimeter, what would be the proper voltage coming out of the spark plug wire?

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Dragsterhund said:
if the rear plug is fine and the front one is fouling, would it possibly be a problem with the coil? if he got a multimeter, what would be the proper voltage coming out of the spark plug wire?
A lot more than you can measure with a meter. 30,000 or more. Check with an extra spark plug.

·
Premium Member
2,089 Posts
I'd make ducati take care of this before I lost too much sleep over it. That's what warrentys are for.

M

·
0 Posts
the problem with warranties though,
is thay might have the bike for, like, 20 years or something....

check everything you can before you send your bike to the bermuda triangle.

check the plug/coil, the tb.....

·
Registered
489 Posts
he's worried that because he chopped his airbox that the shop will void his warranty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts