Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It says in some of the descriptions that you can either use vacuum plug or "M5" screws to seal off the throttle body opennings when you remove the hoses... so my question is, where do you get these "M5" screws??? auto parts store? home depot? do they need to be any particular lenth? should I use loctite?

And the hole left in the air box, does that need to be sealed if you are going to open the air box??? if so, what size plug do I need for '02 S4???

·
Registered
339 Posts
home depot has them or just ask your duc dealer since he has hundreds in the shop. Don't forget to reuse the washer.

mike

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
M5x10 is perfectly fine, I re-used the washer and put a little PermaTex on it for good measure. Good local small hardware stores sometimes have metric allens in stainless. If you get skunked on finding some, shoot me a PM and I'll mail a couple to you, I've got some extras.

Which hole in the airbox are you speaking of? There's one oval hole for the large hose from the oil breather tank at the left rear, and one for the small drain hose at the left front (IIRC). IMHO, you should leave the drain hose on. If you're removing the oil breather tank, then you should definitely plug that hole in the airbox, so you don't suck dirt in on the 'clean' side of the airbox. May be easiest to just snip that large hose an inch or two from the airbox, and plug it with a piece of round stock. That way, if you decide to put the oil breather tank back on, you can splice it back together with a short section of tubing.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, I got confused, there is no hole in air box when removing emmisions...

Thanks for your input.. going to put on new arrows as soon as they get here and figured it was a good time to do this too...

S

·
0 Posts
the hole in the airbox that you're thinking of is from the crankcase overflow bottle under the seat.

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
Re: one last question before emmissions comes offH

I'd take a little ride over to see "Tom Hull" in Mesa, and talk to him about th e deal. When it comes to mod's on Ducati, he's did them all, and can tell you what will work and what's going to cause you trouble later on. ;)

Here's his web site
http://www.tomsitaliantuneandservice.com/

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
How much do turbo-chargers run for a monster?? Also, how much HP can I expect to gain with one? 8)
The turbo system I got cost $4K in '96 from PCS Daytona [currently I don't know any kit available for Ducati's :(]. You could probable make your own for about $2K now. There's plumbing diagrams on my web site.

I run 7 psi of boost. Last dyno...
Horsepower (at Rear Wheel): 112.1 Hp @ 8,300 RPM's
Torque (at Rear Wheel): 74.8 ft-lbs. @ 7,600 RPM's
Top Speed: 143.5 MPH

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK, doing it today... Do I need to replace the holder with washers, or just remove it... is it going to affect the foot pegs? or the pipe hanger?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts