Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
dang ... that guy must be rich as cresus. that magnesium
swingarm is art, but it probably cost more than my house.

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
No kidding. That swing arm is sick. I love how the chain passes through it. I wonder what the bill was for that bike.

Kevin

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, he's got to be floating in cash. Check out the Ferrari he owns next to the bike in one of the pics. He seems to like RED ;D

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
So what do you all think, $40K?

Kevin

S

·
0 Posts
i like a bunch of stuff that was done to it, but i think the SSS looks too MV'ish. it's designed after the agusta's afterall... while an SSS looks cool as a general styling point, i'm pretty impressed by the braced aluminum swingarm febur is putting out for the '9. motowheels'll be selling them soon it seems:

http://www.motowheels.com/italian/m...rFor=&collection=168|Italian Motorcycle Parts

(wow, that's a long link!).

S

·
0 Posts
personally,. I'm surprised this guy did not buy a 999R since he is loaded, then moded it from there. Not to mention full carbon panels too !

O

·
0 Posts
WOW What did i just read, SSS looks too MV'ish! please let me know is this is a bad thing (SSS looks too MV'ish). I had been in casolis shop at times when that bike was in peices. now when it was all together that bike looks great even if (SSS looks too MV'ish) ;)

S

·
0 Posts
WOW What did i just read, SSS looks too MV'ish! please let me know is this is a bad thing (SSS looks too MV'ish). I had been in casolis shop at times when that bike was in peices. now when it was all together that bike looks great even if (SSS looks too MV'ish) ;)
it's not that i don't think the swingarm looks cool, because it looks absolutely gorgeous on the agusta!! i just personally don't think it works for the 999...

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
Personally, I think the ultimate swingarm on a tubular, trellis framed bike, is a tubular, trellis SSS. But, I think the cast swingarm on this bike really is beautiful, but if it's the one I saw at Daytona, the finish on it was really rough.

O

·
0 Posts
You OK s4strati no need to panic, that is why your bike is black and my bike is red we all have different tastes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts