Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you ever find yourself stuck in a holiday rut, and find yourself singing the Christmas blues..... I (well actually I stole the Idea from CaliDuc on speedzilla) have the cure.

Step one: buy a Santa suit.

Step two: buy a monster.

Step three: buy, or talk your coworkers into donating, candycanes.

Step four: mix.

Step five: Ride and deliver till empty.

Instant happiness for all.

Here are a few pics from Saturdays fun.

My retarded self ;)

Bobblehead Santa or Pez Santa

Leaving the secret Santa cave (aka my apartment)

Lots of cell phone pics taken.

Shaking hands with a Santa fan.

lm took the pics :-*, she says she would have taken more, but she was having too much fun watching peoples reaction to it all. (I don't blame her, it was a F'n hoot!) Speaking of f'n.... later in the day, I rode up to a guy leaving an department store, his kid in a shopping cart, and wife at his side, he says to me, (after I gave his kid a candycane),"that's a ****'n bad ass bike Santa", mom was a lil slow on covering lil Timmys ears. >:D

If you ever plan on doing this yourself, here are a few things I learned.

Practice throwing candycanes into open car windows....(parents even encourage it).
Be prepared to have parents put their lil ones on your knee for pics.
You will be followed.
Make sure no cars are coming when you show a child a candycane, because they will walk right to you as if in a trance.
Practice finding neutral while stopped. Just when you put the bike in gear to pull away, you'll hear SANTA!!!, and more kiddies appear. (install softer clutch springs if you have the time ;D)
The police will not take a candycane (they see it as some sort of bribe :police:), the Sheriffs will follow you (just to smile and take your pic), the CHP, will flash his red lights (then pass you, smile and wave ;D)
Kids waiting at bus stops have the biggest smiles.
Women will try to flirt with you (which, when you think about it is kinda creepy..... I'm a faceless guy in a fat guy suit)
Lane splitting as Santa Rocks (tossing candycanes into smokers cars is a blast)

I could go on for days about how much fun this was, and I'm not quite sure who this was for, me or everybody else, because I had just as big a smile on my face, as everbody else I saw.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays
bp

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Yep did the same thing. Shann (CaliDucs real name) and I confered on it several days ago. I spent 4 hours on the monster riding around and doing the same thing BP. I still smile everytime I think about it.

Next year we will have to commit to a same day invasion of Monster riding Santas speading good cheer to everyone.

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ducman851 said:
Yep did the same thing. Shann (CaliDucs real name) and I confered on it several days ago. I spent 4 hours on the monster riding around and dong the same thing BP. I still smile everytime I think about it.

Next year we will have to commit to a same day invasion of Monster riding Santas speading good cheer to everyone.
I'm in [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
OMG!!! :D

YOU ARE AWSOME!!! ;D ;D ;D [thumbsup]

That's the BEST Holiday move I've seen, ever!

·
Registered
781 Posts
Right on. [thumbsup] I'm in next year.

·
Registered
665 Posts
GREAT stuff, BP!!! Love it!

·
Registered
323 Posts
I elect BP as P h i l a n t h r o p i c Santa of 2006 [clap]

I rode my Monster and Blew Kisses at children in cars. Children are shamless flirts, that's why I do it, oh and it is fun too!

·
Registered
51 Posts
That's freakin awesome!! That'll get anyone into the christmas spirit! It's good to see people doin some good around this time...especially when people are so focused on doin the holday thing, shopping for everyone on their list and whatnot, that the stress level is SO HIGH!!! Good on you for brightening peoples' and kids' day! [thumbsup] [clap]

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
If I get myself a reflective or dark tint visor I'd love to do that! ;D Course, I'm a bit on the small side to be playing santa.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Believe in Santa Claus!!!

Way to spread the spirit bobspapa!

That had to be a rewarding experience.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to All!

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
I only had one pic taken from my foray the other day, but its a good one

After doing the candycane thing for 4 hours, Santa neeed to unwind so he made a trek to Palomar to see some friends. ;D

Santa shredding on Palomar Mt.

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
YOU ROCK BP!!!

1 - 20 of 80 Posts