Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wonding if anyone could help me out. My girlfriends phone died and to replace it with even the cheapest phone she has is redicously expensive. Anyone have any old cell phones that just need a sim card to work that they would be willing to let go of for free or a minimal price?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cingular, but I don't think it matters....I'd be willing to try at least.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
It does matter, AFAIK a SIM will only work on phones set-up for their networks. When my cingular phone got smashed, the card wouldn't work in my friends Nextel.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok so does anyone have any old cingular phones?

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
sorry man, just switched to cingular , have old verizon and sprint phones, but they will not work in GSM system.

maybe try help on "no monster content" , someones got to have the old phone for cingular ;)

good luck

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's what I was thinking, I was going to try it next, figured I'd try DeVal first.

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Justin Sain said:
It does matter, AFAIK a SIM will only work on phones set-up for their networks. When my cingular phone got smashed, the card wouldn't work in my friends Nextel.
It depends on the service. If it's an "unlocked" phone, any SIM will work.

The Nextel phone wouldn't work because it's an iDen network vs. the GSM network that Cingular uses. If it's an unlocked phone, it could be a Cingular or T-Mobile phone. Sprint and Verizon won't work because they run a CDMA network.

·
Premium Member
1,764 Posts
sorry man. just switched to cingular and my old GSM in AT&T locked.

why dont you get her on of those candy filled ones from 7-11

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Dude, I was in the Springfield Mall yesterday for and I walked past the Cingular store and they have a box in there for people to donate their old cell phones... just reach in and grab one >:D

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Actually...I've been lookign for one of those.....they used to have them at all the staples aorund here..but they vanished...looks like imma take a trip to the mall.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts