Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, check out www.motorcyclistonline.com. The lead online story is about an "Old Blue" replica commissioned by DNA and farmed out to NCR in Italy. Way cool!!! For all you old farts like me who know who Cook Neilson and Phil Schilling are and about the '77 Daytona Superbike win this is a pretty cool deal. The old California Hot Rod lives again! This is exactly what I thought of when I saw the first pictures of the Paul Smart. They just need to get NCR to make some street legal ones. I have got to stop dating myself with these posts! I hate to admit reading about this all first hand in Cycle News in '77.

Take care!

Fastwin

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Fastwin
I looked thru the Motorcyclist site and couldn't find "Old Blue". I looked in Features, Flashback and used the search feature to no avail. Help!
I'm from the same era as you and probably read this "live" at the time as well, but could use the refresher course!
Ducandcover

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, it's still there this AM. They have moved it from the top 3 stories down to on the right on the homepage under the headline of "news". The top 3 stories are now about Buell's 100K bike, Freddie Spencer's school and the Springfield mile story. Thanks for looking though. It's short but still a cool story. It will probably start making other Ducati related newlines soon.

Ride Safe... Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Fastwin

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There's more at www.superbikeplanet.com, click on news and scroll down to 11-22-06 and there are some juicy pics from the Milan show. Talked to Jeff at Dallas/AMS on Weds. and he said they are working on being a dealer for all the NCR bikes... would make the ultimate Ducati track day bike!!

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
fastwin said:
There's more at www.superbikeplanet.com, click on news and scroll down to 11-22-06 and there are some juicy pics from the Milan show. Talked to Jeff at Dallas/AMS on Weds. and he said they are working on being a dealer for all the NCR bikes... would make the ultimate Ducati track day bike!!

Well that's interesting; like we didn't have enough to tempt us with the "normal" Ducatis already [laugh]

Great... just great...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts