Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems his S4 didnt agree with the dirt all over the top section. He did the highside boogie and had to lay er down. I stopped and chatted with him briefly and told him about the DML of course, but he said someone here with a M900 stopped as well. So who was it?

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
It was I. Oviously, the poor bugger, whose name is mark, had a massive concussion. That's the only way he would have mistaken my groovy S4 for an M900.

The bugger in question was trying to take corners on the gravel on palomar. I was gently feeling my way down the tight side when I saw him picking up his steed. His S4 looked worse than Rocky Balboa's face after the fight scene in Rocky. Oddly, his Vanson leathers had no scratches. Fluids were leaking everywhere. Badly dented tank, mufflers, footpegs, bent and torn up handlebars and controls,puctured radiator, battered headlight shell, and that was at first glance!

No frame sliders. I repeat, no frame sliders. My best Earl Schieb estimate is 2.8k in damage.

He is not a memeber of this board. I told him I had a lot of his parts, brand new, in my garage, doing nothing. Hopefully he will stop lurking and join the ML! WTF! I don't understand the lurkers, unless they go to the general board and then don't come to the Southern CA section, so do not see the local benefits to joining.

Yesterday was a great day. Rode with Chad, newbie Scott, a very cool guy, Troy, and Mike on a BMW. GReat ride, great group! Had to bug out early, to do family things, so came across the carnage on Palomar.

Regards,
Rideon

S

·
0 Posts
Hmmm....I'm guilty of being a lurker and was going to the general board. I am, however, training myself to go to "scmha" now. I big time overlooked that scmha board. My fault. So, do you guys recommend frame sliders? Which ones? Hey, Ducman 851. We met you that Saturday before hitting up Ortega / Spectrum. How's it going?

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Hi Superduc!

Glad you logged on. There are a lot of us monster riders in San Diego, and the more we can communicate, the more fun, the more group rides !

I happen to be partial to frame sliders due to the expensive equipment hanging off of an S4. I use cycle cat frame sliders. There are several makes out there, and I think prettier ones for the duc.

When I went down 3 months ago, I didn't even dent my tank!

Where do you live, Superduc?

Regards,
Rideon

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL Rideon, Im not sure how you mistake an S4 for a 900, I did tell him to sign on and so forth. We'l see :)

Superduc its nice to see ya posting :)

Frame sliders huh? I gotta go with Cyclecats, Ive got them on my 620 and they pretty much rock. Youll get the same opinion from many others here as well.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Superduc, welcome to the "Association". We generally welcome any and all, which is why some of us are here ;D.

To the guy who binned it on the hill yesterday, I have a set of stock footpegs that'll go real cheap- practically free you might say. I also have the headers and crossover pipe for the exhaust that won't be as cheap, but well worth a few shiny pennies.

S

·
0 Posts
Thanks for the welcoming! Rideon, I am here off of the 15 near Miramar/Scripps Ranch. Carroll Canyon to be exact. I've got a few other friends with monsters down here.

I am definitely going to get some frame sliders. Do you know off hand if the ss and monster sliders from cyclecat are interchangeable?

DARN!!! It looks like a rainy weekend. What to do, what to do?

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
I do not know of the interchangability of cyclecat frame sliders. Albert (I think that's his name) , really knows his stuff at cyclecat. It is worth a call. The guy stores all Duc knowlege in his forebrain, ready to access.

When I kissed the pavement 3 months ago, the only casualty was the rearsets, and the shift lever. This may be why I did not sustain damage, the S and P rearsets are solid, they do not fold. Hopefully they would take the brunt of abuse along with the slider. To be fair, I did not do a slam your ass down on the pavement highside, it was a gentle low slide with 1/2 twist and half gainer by the body, landing on my chest. (rated 2 for difficulty, 5 for form by the IOC). Maybe not the most strenous test for protective equipment.

I will not ride without frame sliders, however. I am too squirrely!

Regards,
Rideon

·
Registered
150 Posts
Thanks for the welcoming! Rideon, I am here off of the 15 near Miramar/Scripps Ranch. Carroll Canyon to be exact. I've got a few other friends with monsters down here.

I am definitely going to get some frame sliders. Do you know off hand if the ss and monster sliders from cyclecat are interchangeable?

DARN!!! It looks like a rainy weekend. What to do, what to do?

Would that 900s monster be my old one that was purchased from Gp with the full 916 style exhaust on it?
;D

As for framesliders ive heard positive and negatives in regards to them on the monster . Ive heard that they can cause the bike to flip end over end and actually cause more damage?

matt

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Matt:

Your Tuono comes stock whith them!!!!!

Scott

·
Registered
150 Posts
scott
i know that i was just "relaying" what i had heard in regards to frame sliders on monsters

Yeah the tuono came with white ones and need to look into replacing them with some black ones so they dont "stand out"

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Mark:

I have seen some groovy carbon fiber (fake) ones that look great. I think Lockhart phillips even has them!

Scott

·
Registered
74 Posts
"I do not know of the interchangability of cyclecat frame sliders. Albert (I think that's his name) ....."

It's Alfred.
Ty Webb: I like you, Betty.
Danny Noonan: That's Danny, sir.
Ty Webb: Danny.

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
I guess that makes me Chevy Chase. 8)

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey Rideon, was that you standing with Mark when I went zipping up the hill on the 851 towards Mothers?

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
When I first saw the post I thought it might have been rideon as he had split from our group ride early, to attend to family matters, and right near Palomar. Even though he may have taken the wrath of a higher power(wife), he stopped to help, now that's dangerous. I second that nomination.

S

·
0 Posts
Yo, Matt!!!! That be the monster. Thanks for the key. I'm definitely looking into the sliders by the end of this month. Rideon, I get squirrely too. Have to gain some more confidence even though some of my peers say I am doing alright. Thanks for the info guys. I'll get a hold of Alfred.

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Ducman:

Yeah, that was me. I was thinking, "is that Ducman 851 on that cool semi-vintage duc?" As you flashed by. Look forward to meeting you and admiring your Duc in person!

Infoage's ability with his uploads are downright scary.

Regards,
Rideon

1 - 20 of 20 Posts