Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
It's been around for awhile. I sat on one last year. HEAVY..... about 80# more than my monster. There is a race series just for them called the Thruxton Cup. Same bike for eveyone; I think all they can change is tires. I think it even runs at Mid-ohio during the vintage bike weekend.

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
The 'new' Vincent, of course - if ever made - looks also damn good. http://www.vincentmotors.com/BIK/

Use the configurator and check out some different schemes. Pretty neat.

And it may happen to have my last name, but its NO DUCATI. So I won't be buying one probably, just upgrading or buying a second Duc.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
C Fresh said:
I saw this at my dealer the other day and it really caught my eye. Check it out and see what you think.

http://www.triumphmotorcycles.com/usa/4553.aspx#gallery

I don't know if this is a new bike or if it has been around for a while, but I like it alot and pretty much the same price as my bike. Second bike in a couple of years maybe.
If you like the Thruxton, take a serious look at the Sport Classics. Same style, 1000DS motors...

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
C Fresh said:
I saw this at my dealer the other day and it really caught my eye. Check it out and see what you think.

http://www.triumphmotorcycles.com/usa/4553.aspx#gallery

I don't know if this is a new bike or if it has been around for a while, but I like it alot and pretty much the same price as my bike. Second bike in a couple of years maybe.
Funny you should bring this up, my friend just got one & we were riding around Manhatten this past weekend.
I think it is very simliar to the GT1000 in style.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I think Triumph nailed it with the retro style, but it is a hard choice when you have Ducati making the Sport Classics, which just kill the Triumph in performance. Another neat retro bike was the Kawasaki W650, whcih they made for a couple years and by some reports did a better job of emulating a british bike than the brits. I like the Ducati, but of course, I'm a little biased.... ;)

·
Registered
56 Posts
I love the idea, but it doesn't look very serious to me. Sort of like a very large toy or something. Probably just me.

The Sport Classic S on the other hand... God I wish I had lots and lots of money.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
ducrider45 said:
Norton went under again. :( They have closed shop.
Yes, I read that too. Too bad, that bike would have been cool.
8)

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
HyperM3 said:
Is it just me or is a brand new 2006 bike that comes in carbed form, not fuel injected, a waste?
Do you have something against carburetors?

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
One thing I like about the Thruxton is the price....under $8000. I really like the look of the cowl also. Why doesn't anyone make a better (more cafe racer) cowl for the monster?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts