Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
So here is the story. Had a buddy of mine order me some parts from Onlineparts.com and one of the items were CRG roll-a-click levers for my S2R. The thing is Onlineparts sent me the wrong pivot hole size for the brake lever (8mm, the S2R needs a 12mm pivot hole).

Now I know you guys would probably say to ship the item back to them and demand the correct one but I have a couple of concerns.
1. it took them almost 5 months :eek: for me to receive my order from them. I'm not really sure why but they said they had trouble filling my order (parts were out of stock, etc...)
2. I live in Manila Philippines and I would probably eat the shipping costs to have the item shipped back to them.
3. I don't really want to wait and see if it will take another 4 to 5 months to get the replacement to me.
4. I want to install my brake lever ASAP ;D because I just installed the clutch side and it looks great [thumbsup]

Anyway, back to my original question. Can I just have the pivot hole machined to the correct diameter? Or might the process damage the integrity of the metal?

Allan

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
The small holes and large holes are completely different. Even if you drilled the holes out, which I don't recommend, it wouldn't work. The actuators for the cables are all different.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pnut said:
The small holes and large holes are completely different. Even if you drilled the holes out, which I don't recommend, it wouldn't work. The actuators for the cables are all different.
Yup, you are right. Just compared the two a while ago. The 8mm design is totally different from the 12mm one. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts