Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was doing some wiring clean up, after I removed my side pods, and managed to cut one of the electrical leads going to the taillight, turn signal, licen plate light cluster. I was just a little overzealous sawing through the zip tie... woops. Anyway, I twisted it back together, and after copious amounts of electrical tape I'm back in action. That was one of the dumber things I've ever done working on the bike...

·
Registered
236 Posts
If you have the time, remove the copiuous amounts of electrical tape and use proper electrical connectors.

For added insurance you can give each connection a shot of Boeshield or a dab of liquid electrical tape. (I've used both on my boats and I never had a problem with shorts or corrosion. And my boats were used in the Atlantic...)

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Heh, yeah, if they conducted electricity... haha

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
I would solder the wires together if it were me. Slide some heat shrink tubing over the wire first, then use that to cover the soldered part rather than using electrical tape. Then you'll have something that won't fail again and won't need further attention.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts