Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If your out of cash and just NEED somthing to do to your monster. Try this. Just a fun little thing to do if your bored. Dont waste $40 on an aftermarket one.... just polish your stock one and make it look purtier! The $40 one is purty... but mine is purty too and it was $free.99. Ok everyone who likes this go outside and try it.... post your finished pics here. Most creative wins........

G

·
Thanks, I was thinking of squidding out the 40 bucks or whatever for the Nichols billet "Winged D" but also wondered how a Dremel Tool attack would work on the original piece...you answered that pondering....it cleans up nicely

now the original still begs for some sort of insert for the center, like the DML logo maybe

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
Here is a stupid question, can the inspection cover in question just be removed and replaced without any worries (no gaskets, crazy springs behind it). I have been tempted to do make some changes to the stock one but I am afraid that it is holding something in.....

I am also suprised that there is not a bunch of "upgrades" for this peice in the aftermarket. Seems like there may be a big market for it??

jl

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nothing sneaky behind it. Just an O-ring that you need to keep in good condition. I forgot to mention that this mod is made MUCH easier by using some spray on paint remover as your first step (AFTER you take the piece of the bike of course) then just sand... and sand.. and sand and get it as smooth as our paitience will let you get it and then sand it with progressively smoother sand paper. It should be shiney even before you ever "try" to polish it just from the sanding you have done. Then use your polishing compound (I use mothers) and it should start to look pretty good. If you see some areas that you want to sand more... go ahead and just keep repeating the process until you get it to your likeing. With this peice its kind of time consuming sanding around the "circle" part. I got it good enough for me and went on to polishing.

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Dude! I like that sticker Idea!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts