Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to get hold of a oil temperature gauge for my 1998 M900. Is there any who sells a "complete" kit for my bike? I want to keep an eye on oil temperature but havent found any kit for my bike. So if you know of where i can find one please let me know :)

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
RoadRacing makes the tripleclamp mounted oil temp kit for Monsters.

I'm expecting another set of the oil filler mounted temp gauges in the next few days, meaning that they should be on sale in a week or two, and all profits from those go to support the DML.

http://www.ducatimonster.org/tempgauge.html

--Fillmore

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for that Rev_Deadpan!! But how reliable is that oil temp. gauge that goes instead of the oil fill cap ?? I checked out Ferracci`s homepage but there was no pic of the tripleclamp mounted gauge......By the way i have an aluminium oil fill cap so it looks nice. :)
RoadRacing makes the tripleclamp mounted oil temp kit for Monsters.

I'm expecting another set of the oil filler mounted temp gauges in the next few days, meaning that they should be on sale in a week or two, and all profits from those go to support the DML.

http://www.ducatimonster.org/tempgauge.html

--Fillmore

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
I'd say it's plenty reliable (it always works), I just can't verify how accurate it is.

For me, I can see that it generally runs right in the same area when my bike is warmed up. If I'm stuck in traffic on a hot day, I can look at it and gauge if my bike is really starting to get hot or not. It also lets me know if my engine is warmed up or not (did this while warming my bike up for a dyno run).

It works for me, and honestly, I don't know that the dash/clamp mounted units are any more accurate or reliable.

Here's a pic of the RR gauge installed from the RoadRacing website.

HTH,
--Fillmore

1 - 4 of 4 Posts