Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where the oil screen is on a M620? Is it the connected with the oil temp sending unit? I heard you should check the screen whenever you change your oil (thanks for the advice Chris Kelley!) and I want to start doing that.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
yep, that's where it is! someplace on this board there is a thread with pictures. i did a search and didn't find find it.

accoding to Ducati, the screen needs cleaning every 30,000 kilometers. i clean mine every oil change.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
my guess is you would have to order it from a dealer (good luck! my dealer has been waiting for gas filters for a month now). i doubt anyone woul stock it since they are not a wear item. what happened to yours?

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
any of the above. dealers should have them in stock, and they should be cheap. you could also take the screen plug or the old crush washer to an auto parts store and match it. in a pinch, you can try re-using the old one. if it leaks, just don't make the mistake of overtightening to compensate. Scoobie, what kind of cheffing do you do?

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Chef Peter, checked out your web site. i'm really impressed!!! if i'm ever in that part of the country, i will definately pay your restaurant a visit. your recipe page is now on favorites.

P

·
0 Posts
There is a 21mm hex bolt just below and to the right of the sight glass for oil; a thermostat is built into this bolt...be very careful, I just stripped this bolt on my new 800....see www.ducati.com and go to the bike pages and pull up spare parts manual for your bike...go to page 26 and you will see a blow up of the set up. The screen sits behind the thermostat and bolt. good luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts