Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the last few months my 2000 M750 has had a very slow leak that I had not tracked down. When changing the oil today I noticed that it was coming from the cases on the left side right by the one of the 10mm allen bolts, the one with the clip holding the hoses and tubes. I checked the allen bolt and found it to be very loose. All of the bolts on the left side seemed to be looser than what I would think is correct. I tightened each with a socket, should I check these often or is it out of the ordinary that these became loose. Would this also be causing the oil leak? The other side of the bike was fine. BTW, I bought the bike las summer with 1057 miles, it now has almost 5000.

T

·
0 Posts
My Duc is leaking from the exact same place. Had it checked out today and they said it is the gasket where the tubes are going into the motor. They had to order a new one. You may want to see if that is where yours is leaking from.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
I seem to also have a slow oil leak. I can't tell where it is coming from, but it seems to be slow or interrmentent. I keep moving my bike to check if it is still leaking. It take over a day for a drop to show, and it seems to be by the oil drain area. Is this normal? I haven't been riding in the winter, but I did put too much oil in once, but I drained it out a few weeks later without riding it. I'm wondering if maybe I didn't tighten it enough after I drained it. I'm going to try to tighten it too.

·
Registered
753 Posts
My bike is really clean so when I had an oil leak at about 3K miles it was spot on. The front exhaust valve cover screw(s) were tightened it up a tad and no worries. From now on I will always keep an eye out for leaks because it left what seems to be a permanent stain on the paint.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts