Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
First post after lurking for a while. I ride a 91 750SS (same motor as the monsters so I hang out here!).

I have a slight oil leak from the vertical cylinder. It's coming from what appears to be a small access or drain plug screwed into the cylinder wall just below the rear left hand cylinder head stud. The plug itself has a single slot for a straight bladed screwdriver.

I can find no reference to this in the Haynes manual. What is this plug for, any ideas if the leak is a symptom of something more problematic and how do I best cure it?

Current plan is to remove the plug, get a new one (current one has a damaged slot) and refit with some sort of thread sealant.

Cheers guys.

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
My guess is its a drilling for an oil galley, I reckon it would be fine to do what you said.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have the same prob on my 93 750ss BTW do you need any parts? Getting ready to part mine out once it starts warming up.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the same prob on my 93 750ss BTW do you need any parts? Getting ready to part mine out once it starts warming up.
Thanks mate, I'll try getting a new plug and putting some sort of thread sealant on. I'll keep you in mind if I suddently need any parts but as I'm in South Africa it would probably bet quite a hassle.

Cheers, Rob.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts