Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike has just over 1300 miles on it, 06' 620 Dark. It has sat the last three weeks because the weather pretty much sucked...so this morning I went out threw on the leathers and backed the bike out of the garage, started it and went inside for a second. When I came back out there was a 3" circle of oil right under the filter. Keep in mind there has never been any oil anywhere under the bike. I shut the bike off, wiped the oil off the floor and the bottom of the filter. I checked the filter and it wasn't loose enough to take off or tighten any further by hand. The bike has not leaked a drop since but I am worried about riding it. Any thoughts.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Drips continue.......

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Here's my experience:

After the 600 mile service, I had some leaking underneath the filter. It was frustrating. I'd go out in the morning, and the ground was clean. I'd get on, start it up, and ride off, after a breif warm up. When I came back home, there was oil on the ground! What?

I finally figured out that the oil was leaking out around the filter and collecting in the recess. When I strated it up, the oil would blurb out on the ground. (Is the oil filter housing filmy with oil? It shouldn't be.) I finally used a torque wrend and that stopped the leaking. I cannot remember the torque value, off hand.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts