Registered
6,266 Posts
I think they are fine for cars

I personally use the KN-153 or OEM if I dont have any K&Ns

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JUst wondering my friend can get their $14 filter for cost $3.50?

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Genuine Ducati oil filters aren't all that expensive. I just buy those and have no worries about filter quality. Why take the chance?

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
Holy crap! I've been recently hearing bad stuff about the Frams and stopped using them this year(Duc always got oem). Bet they have a large marketshare due to superior advertising, not superior product. Much like Crudweiser beer. I think I just threw up in my mouth a little :-X.

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
I switch around between OEM, K&N, and a while back some Perf-Form f;ilters. Those three are probably the tops in quality.

I recently bought a bunch of Perf-form filter cartridges for the BMW because it was more convenient than riding over to the dealer in Orlando. Likewise I bought several K&Ns for the Ducatis back in the summer because it was convenient to get them from one of our regular vendors at the track, who also gives us Staff guys a little break on the price. So among the top quality brands, it pretty much comes down to convenience/price for me.

·
Registered
241 Posts
ducman851 said:
I think they are fine for cars

I personally use the KN-153 or OEM if I dont have any K&Ns

+1 on K&N

K&N have a nice nut on the bottom, so safety wiring and torquing to correct specifications is a snap.

Ken

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts