Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I assume that the oil filter on my 01 S4 will also fit on some car out there. How can I find out a comparable filter, eg.Fram or others, from one of the readily available outlets, eg. Kragens etc?

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Fram does make a filter and its sold at many walmarts as well as other places. I believe the number ends with a 0019. Look in the parts alternitive thread at the top of the tech section. It also fits some pre 1996 harleys.

I used one and its complete crap and wouldn't recommend it. Its chrome, about 3/4 inch shorter than the original or K&N, costs $9 instead of $11 ($2 big whoop! ::) ) YMMV

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
The KN 153 is a good choice because it has a hex on the base for the simplest of installs and is thicker which offers better protection for its vulnerable position.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
desmo_drum said:
Fram does make a filter and its sold at many walmarts as well as other places. I believe the number ends with a 0019. Look in the parts alternitive thread at the top of the tech section. It also fits some pre 1996 harleys.

I used one and its complete crap and wouldn't recommend it. Its chrome, about 3/4 inch shorter than the original or K&N, costs $9 instead of $11 ($2 big whoop! ::) ) YMMV
I wouldnt use a Fram even as a doorstop. Like you said they are utter crap.

Heres a link to someone whos taken apart alot of oil filters
http://www.tobycreek.org/oil_filters/index.shtml

1 - 6 of 6 Posts