Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP! I need an oil filler plug now! My dealer doesn't have the chincy plastic ones in stock (and who knows how long it will take to come in) and I'm not sure if I want to spend $30-$35 on an aluminum billet one. Anyone know if the oil plug is a standard size and can be picked up elsewhere?

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
That plastic filler was one of the first things I ditched on the bike; not for looks, but for function. The stupid thing wasn't threaded all the way around and I was sure it was just a matter of time before I bunged the damned threads on it.

Is that why you need a new one? ;D

Suck it up! Get a billed replacement!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am definitely not replacing my old one with plastic. I'm going billet, just looking for a reasonable price.

M

·
0 Posts
Gman-go to your favorite local dealer, have him open the Parts Unlimited Street catalog to page 533. Machined aluminum oil filler caps in 6 different colors, drilled for safety wire. Suggested retail is $14.95.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Just ordered my Oil filler plug from YoYoDyne. Thanx for the link.

;D

Matt

·
Registered
5,761 Posts
This is a nice one:

CORSE DYNAMICS Magnetic Oil Drain Plug V2: 22mm
$18.95

•"double hex" design allows you to remove or install these plugs with either the factory tool OR an ordinary wrench or socket.
• Viton O-ring to ensure proper sealing against the engine. This provides a good seal every time
• pre-drilled for safety wire on all six faces.
• includes a rare earth magnet rated at six times the strength of other competing companies.
• We broach the allen key in the drain plug to ensure ultimate strength, this manufacturing process is often over looked because of high tooling cost versus milling a hex with 6 drilled holes on the end. Those 6 holes leave weak points in the hex that are prone to failure with thin wall aluminum.
Fits 851-888 SS750-10100, M600-M1000, S4-S2R-S4R, 748-996, ST2-ST4S, Mh900e, MTS620-1000, HM1100, Sport Classics....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts