Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning,

So, my oil filler plug shrunk. Or the casing grew. One way or the other, I was checking how tight it was the other day (I get oil seepage) and it came right out.

Does anyone make aluminum plugs for the Monster?

TIA,

Peter

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Ducati Performance has a billet filler plug. Looks trick, but I think it may not be anodized. Mine looks pretty crappy after two years on the bike.

Nichols has a basic one. Nuthin' fancy, but it works.
I'll bet MotoWheels has something for you too.

I replaced the plastic one right away because I thought the threads sucked. Figured it was only a matter of time before I totally cross-threaded the stupid thing. Better to have the new one BEFORE that happened!

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Do you have links for the exceptionally lazy?

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
How'd I know you was gonna ask?

Well I took a few minutes looking and found...... ALMOST NOTHING!

I couldn't find what I'm sure I remember on the Nichols site: http://www.nicholsmfg.com/title.html
Nothing on the MotoWheels site: www.motowheels.com

But I did find the DP part: http://www.azsbk.com/97023-00a.html

You don't have to go to this place. Any dealer can get it for you.

Hopefully someone else can point you to the basic cap. You don't HAVE to pay $30 for the DP part!

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks again, Don.

I found 2 on the Motowheels site. A basic $14 jobby, and a snazzy $23 one.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Just went back and did a search; here is the cheapest plug found in a past thread at yoyodyne:

scooby

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Ah, I looked in "Billet for Monsters."

It had seemed to me in the past that the "most Ducatis" items were also cross-listed under the specific applications.

But at least you've proved that I'm not loosing my mind completely. I DID remember seeing them on your site!

Don

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a 02 620 that leaks also , is this typical ? I told dealer about it at 600mile service but it is still leaking, I don't think they did anything about it. Maybe needs a new o-ring?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Dark, my '02 620ie would weep oil from around the filler also until ;i got a billet alum. one from Spareshack. I reused the green o-ring from the stock cap because the black plumbing o-rings commonly available are not very oil resistant. I have had several different brands/suppliers o-rings swell and disintegrate in oil immersion tests ar room temp. I sure won't trust them @ 250degF.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts