Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, we all know about the oil cooler on our M1200's...the spot it's located/mounted it's bound to collect scratches from road debris etc...gues what happened on my last trip :grin
And oh, i'm talking about the black painted sides which are exposed (not the inside part).

i know that i can re-touch the paint , thing is, since it's exposed it's bound to happen again...and again...and again, so, i 'm looking for some protection.

Took a look on google trying to find something similar to the Streetfighters' 1098/848 radiator side protectors (which are removable obviously) to no avail - does anyone know if there's even a product like this for the oil coolers on our bikes? The only pretection i could find are the usual grills/oil cooler guards, nothing to protect its sides though.

i was also thinking about some kind of protective membrane, could this be done or...is it a no-no since it's an oil cooler and temps will be high ? (plus, i suppose it'd be a ball-breaking experience to apply it there).

SF and Diavel guys are kinda lucky since there are the belly pans/ oil cooler shrouds protecting it (which can be removed and painted if needed so)., not so much on our bikes though.

Cheers

·
Registered
686 Posts
Never paid too much attention to it until you mentioned it. I don't think mine is visibly damaged but I'll look into it.
If yes, I'll detail it. Once done, I may install a paint protection film.
Maybe that could be one of my winter projects?

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never paid too much attention to it until you mentioned it. I don't think mine is visibly damaged but I'll look into it.
If yes, I'll detail it. Once done, I may install a paint protection film.
Maybe that could be one of my winter projects?
Thing is Dar, can paint protection film be applied there (due to the temps) and the way the whole thing is shaped ? (unless you plan to wrap only the sides).

Cheers

·
Registered
686 Posts
@Rosso Classico
Good question. Worse case is it doesn't stick because of heat.
Can't really damage anything if it doesn't.
Alternatively, I may just touch it up if chipped as it's not a very visible component.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Just buy...

The new Oil Cooler Condom, by Rizoma! Just roll the OCC on and never worry about damaging the sides of your thing again! [laugh]

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just buy...

The new Oil Cooler Condom, by Rizoma! Just roll the OCC on and never worry about damaging the sides of your thing again! [laugh]
It's too big Jim, it wouldn't fit :wink:wink

In other news : i'd buy that s*it in a heartbeat

PS : asked a wrapping company about it and they said that they would have to see it first 'cause "maybe it won't be possible to apply wrap there".

·
Registered
165 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts