Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has done this kit and what their cost came out to be with install.

Does this really help the temp?

Is it worth the money?

I am being quoted $500 for the kit and 1 1/2 hr labor for install??

Thanx in advance

Liter

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Well heres what I did. I bought all the parts seperately. I bought a used oil cooler for about 75 bucks. The 2 fittings for the engine and oil lines cost me another 70 bucks at the local Hydraulic Hose makin place. I just had to get the valve cover with the mouting holes and the flapper valve from Ducati. I think all in all I got about 200 or so dollars in parts. As far as labor if you can change the oil, you can install the cooler.

I use my 620 for racing and routinely see 300 degree temps so Id be afraid of what was happening in there without the cooler.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Theres an oil cooler for sale on ebay now. Says its for a 750-900 so not sure if it would work, but its at 55$ now. :-/

·
Registered
599 Posts
I live in Monterey, CA and have never experienced any sort of overheating problem on my 03 620. Do you guys think that something like this is an all around good idea? Is it a good investment even if you may not neccesarily be too worried with overheating? Is there a "best" temperature for a bike to run at that perhaps an oil cooled bike could achieve better than an aircooled?

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
The highest I've seen our 620's oil get is 234 degrees, which does not seem that bad considering it was in the 80's that day and it was at idle. While riding it usually stays below 210.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I had a factory kit installed a few months ago, $500.00 in parts and about $80.00 in labor. I noticed a signifigant difference in temp. I think its a smart investment.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Peds_Doc put an oil cooler on his 620. Give him a shout and he should be able to give you some feedback.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well traffic here is a nightmare, we havent hit over 90 yet and sitting in traffic her temps climb to just under 290. I know that this is nothing compared to what is coming this summer and traffic will stay consistant.

I have ordered one and it will go on next week sometime.

Thanks for the input.

Frank

·
Registered
211 Posts
You should do a search, this topic has been discussed a few months ago I think... There was some good feedback on those threads as well.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanx but all the search criteria I put in brought back zilch? ???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts