Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to order H-Competition's oil cooler (from ballerbolts) for my M696. However, I've been reading some negative experiences from ballerbolts, so wanted to know if there's any other oil coolers out there.

I know there's a DIY alternative. But, I'd rather buy one. Is there an OEM cooler?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I installed a 1100 cooler and lines with the diverter. I had the H-Comp cooler but it started leaking and I couldn't get anyone from Baller Bolt's to return my emails or voicemails. I have the old lines and cooler and you can order a new cooler from a guy that sells them in Tampa. I have the old system available with all the fittings.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I installed a 1100 cooler and lines with the diverter. I had the H-Comp cooler but it started leaking and I couldn't get anyone from Baller Bolt's to return my emails or voicemails. I have the old lines and cooler and you can order a new cooler from a guy that sells them in Tampa. I have the old system available with all the fittings.

Thanks for the reply!

So, I could just buy a new OEM 1100 cooler (Part #548.4.079.1A), along with doworkson's list of addtional parts (Oil line nipples, washer, & bypass spring), and I'm assuming that should fit my '09 M696. Guess, that's doing it the DIY method, except using all new parts.

Found the OEM for the M696, but soo expensive and looks tiny!

Sorry, NVTanner, but didn't quite get what you were saying about having the old lines and cooler. Do I need those for the DIY install? And, are you selling them?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yes, you can buy all the parts (diverter, fittings, oil lines and cooler) from ducati vendors. I got mine on ebay and installed them and it works pretty well. I live where it's hot in the summer so every little bit helps.

I have a the old Mocal oil cooler and lines and fittings that Baller sold me. The cooler has a small pinhole leak that could be fixed. I also have another cooler that's a bit smaller and is brand new with no leaks.

I liked the look of the ducati parts cooler and it fit well behind the guard and looks factory.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello everyone,

I’m sorry I know this thread is old as hell but I just got my M696 (new rider). I noticed I hit 4-5 bars while riding and the bike definitely gets too hot, I’ve looked at almost every link from every forum and I cannot seem to find an oil cooler. I wanna try and install one this summer if I could get my hands on one. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Is anybody selling theirs?

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi, at ebay i just purchased an oil cooler an pipe lines adapters etc... used at 797. this cooler fit perfect behind protector cooler. i will try to upload some pictures. bike works great. 3 o 4 bars. cooler works great.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi, at ebay i just purchased an oil cooler an pipe lines adapters etc... used at 797. this cooler fit perfect behind protector cooler. i will try to upload some pictures. bike works great. 3 o 4 bars. cooler works great.
Does it matter which year 797? And it fits perfectly what a relief lol. I found one on eBay for $95

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thanks to this thread, I just bought an OEM cooler on eBay for my M696. I didn't even know the M796/1100 came with them stock until I read this thread. I got mine for $125 shipped, with the lines, in very good condition. There are a few other OEM complete coolers on eBay at the moment.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts