Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched the internet but couldn't find one.

The other day, while sitting in hot Florida traffic, I was wondering that if I can put a fan on my oil cooler radiator and a switch on my dash that I can switch it on while stopped in heavy traffic. I know it's not going to keep my bike from eventually getting to hot, but I believe that it would certainly slow the process quite a bit.

Has anyone ever wondered about this? Or, is there a company that already makes them and I'm just missing it?

Thanks,

Tom

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Check out LT Snyders stuff - http://www.desmotimes.com/

There isn't an oil cooler kit, but look up the fan kits for water cooled ducs. Not exactly wha you need - but will give you an idea of how to go about this project...

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Thumper said:
I've searched the internet but couldn't find one.

The other day, while sitting in hot Florida traffic, I was wondering that if I can put a fan on my oil cooler radiator and a switch on my dash that I can switch it on while stopped in heavy traffic. I know it's not going to keep my bike from eventually getting to hot, but I believe that it would certainly slow the process quite a bit.

Has anyone ever wondered about this? Or, is there a company that already makes them and I'm just missing it?

Thanks,

Tom
I considered this before. I researched it preety good too. You should be able to find 2 7" computer fans and put them side by side. I was thinking about wiring them up to turn on when the bike was in nuetral...

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You know Mr. Nakid Sir,

I'm really shocked that people haven't thought of this before. An oil cooler fan. Heck, and I'm very sorry to say, even my Buell had various oil cooling options that can be purchased via aftermarket. I'm very surprised here.

You know? I think there may be a market here that someone is missing out of. This weekend, I'm going to go to my brothers drag racing shop and buy a nitrous cooling fan kit and make something. His kit comes with a switch that mounts on his dash and cools the nitrous bottle. Small fan, switch.....easy. I'll make something to fit, test it, and then patent it and sell it.

I'm going to make it this weekend. Perhaps, I will advertise as well. Do you think that Mr. Nakid could pose Nakid for the advertisement? :) :) :) Uhhhhhh, no toasters necessary :) ha ha ha ha ha

Tom

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Thumper said:
You know Mr. Nakid Sir,

I'm really shocked that people haven't thought of this before. An oil cooler fan. Heck, and I'm very sorry to say, even my Buell had various oil cooling options that can be purchased via aftermarket. I'm very surprised here.

You know? I think there may be a market here that someone is missing out of. This weekend, I'm going to go to my brothers drag racing shop and buy a nitrous cooling fan kit and make something. His kit comes with a switch that mounts on his dash and cools the nitrous bottle. Small fan, switch.....easy. I'll make something to fit, test it, and then patent it and sell it.

I'm going to make it this weekend. Perhaps, I will advertise as well. Do you think that Mr. Nakid could pose Nakid for the advertisement? :) :) :) Uhhhhhh, no toasters necessary :) ha ha ha ha ha

Tom
I appreciate the offer, but I really don't think you wanna see that. [laugh]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts