Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yesterday i bought the Silkolene fully synthetic plus electroblahblah for my bike. Its all the dealer has and i get a 5% discount and dont have to pay tax. I have never heard of this brand though. It looks really good, and it was also 13.50 a bottle. I thought that was kinda much since i needed 4. but if its of high quality then i dont mind paying for it. I am also an advicator of staying with the same oil for the life of the bike. (AKA, dont switch brands ever), and since it was already in there i said fine. But I am just curious what everone else does. maybe you order online. i dont know.

·
Registered
8,324 Posts

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
vegetable oil all the way baby [laugh]

·
Registered
211 Posts
vonkeswick said:
vegetable oil all the way baby [laugh]
Ha! Yeah, and already used! Fry a turkey for Thanksgiving, then pour it straight into the bike! Get those chunks in there, it'll run like a top!

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
smitch said:
Ha! Yeah, and already used! Fry a turkey for Thanksgiving, then pour it straight into the bike! Get those chunks in there, it'll run like a top!
zachly [thumbsup]

bacon grease for the steering column and what not

·
Premium Member
813 Posts
vonkeswick said:
zachly [thumbsup]

bacon grease for the steering column and what not
I've switched to Hawaiian Tropic Tanning Oil spf 6. It's supposed give the bike that dark color I want and protect it from harmful UV rays.

And the smell is wonderful.

I've also been told she looks good enough to enter in the Hawaiian Tropics Pageant. :)

·
Registered
517 Posts
doesn't everybody here know that eyetalian bikes use olive oil? ;D

i buy $6-something per bottle regular ol' amsoil... it even lists motorcycles as one of the uses on the back. i'm sure their making a bit of profit on me, but not as much as they are on the $13/bottle oil ::)

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
red duke said:
I've switched to Hawaiian Tropic Tanning Oil spf 6. It's supposed give the bike that dark color I want and protect it from harmful UV rays.

And the smell is wonderful.

I've also been told she looks good enough to enter in the Hawaiian Tropics Pageant. :)
coconut-y smell? thats always nice

·
Premium Member
813 Posts
It really works great for this time of year. The cold fall starts to get you a little down. But the smell of the tanning oil gives you the "it's still summer" feeling.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sure with low-jack, your thread can still get Jacked, but at least you will know where your thread is going once the crime has been committed.

·
Banned
897 Posts
I pay around $8 for Amsoil, I wouldn't consider that 'bargain' oil, but I do consider saving $20 per oil change a bargain.

·
Banned
897 Posts
ducatizzy said:
Idiots. It's an Italian bike. 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil.

damn philistines.. next people will get booted for talkign about cops or something...
Gimme a break, where you gonna find an extra virgin around here?

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Ddan said:
Gimme a break, where you gonna find an extra virgin around here?
vons/safeway [laugh]

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
This one has to be in the running for thread of the week. Hilarious! [laugh]

Deuce

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
slowduc said:
so does the oil become 57% extra virgin after the first ride? ;D
virgin's gotta break in some time >:D

·
Premium Member
813 Posts
Being Italian I can tell you that the extra virgin here is not that same as the extra virgin back in Italy. I tried many local oils; olive oil, extra virgin, canola, peanut and many others but nothing was close. So I figured I'd try an entirely new approach. Lard, the smell was acceptable but the neighborhood dogs wouldn't leave the bike alone (plus the oil changes were a bitch). I even tried used McD's french fry oil, that didn't work out well either, all the neighborhood overweight junk food addicts wouldn't leave the bike alone. That's when I decided on the tanning oil.

Besides the extra virgin is only good for one ride. By the second ride you'll be lucky if it's regular virgin. And after that it's just good old fashion olive oil. So I wouldn't bother with the extra virgin just go for the regular olive.

·
Registered
69 Posts
...warmed up vaseline should do the job... ;D

Greetz

S4RsPhlyer

1 - 20 of 21 Posts