Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I assume that the hardware is the same for a Monster oil change as for any other late model Duc, correct? That is, does it require a new oil screen and crush washers? I don't imagine it'd be any different than, say, my ST4 but I just want to confirm.

Thanks,

Duc

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
You just clean the oil screen, you don't need to replace it. The crush washers should be the same, but those can also be reused "in an emergency".

Don't forget the trick of putting a sheet of aluminum foil over the exhaust pipe so that you don't get any oil on it while you're draining it.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I assume that the hardware is the same for a Monster oil change as for any other late model Duc, correct?
Check out this site:

www.ducatisuite.com

Its very helpful in these types of situations, so it'll help guide you w/ changing the oil. Monsterman is a frequent visitor to DML and he is very good in giving detail directions on how to do many regular and other maintenance.

Goodluck

·
Registered
600 Posts
Don't forget the trick of putting a sheet of aluminum foil over the exhaust pipe so that you don't get any oil on it while you're draining it.
I'll remember that next time. What I did do though, was to place a BIG sheet of paper (an unwanted movie poster) under the engine so the oil doesn't spatter all over the place. I got to say the thing worked great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts