Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I have a 2007 800 S2R with around 15k kilometers on it - tonight after riding home from work (10 miles/25 minutes) I noticed oil all over my right boot. It also noticed it dripping on the garage floor. I checked the oil level, which still appears nice and high, so I guess that I didn't do any damage. Looking for the leak, it appears to be somewhere in the oil cooling "radiator", but I can't see where.

How can I best troubleshoot this issue?

Has anyone had a similar experience?

Since I'm not a real wrencher, is it just best to transport it to the local Duc dealer for what I'm sure will be a pretty pricy fix?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or ideas.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
I checked the oil level, which still appears nice and high, so I guess that I didn't do any damage.
How high? I'm sure you're talking about an oil level between the min and max indicators of your oil sight glass on the right side of your engine but I'm asking anyway. You never know :)

Since you don't exactly know where the oil comes from...
How can I best troubleshoot this issue?
Here's what I would do: Clean the bike thoroughly. Especially in the area where you're suspecting the oil leak. Clean it and go for a ride but carefully, you don't wan't to have oil under your rear tire in a bend.
Inspect the bike and find the oil leak culprit. Come back for advice, then.
And don't worry too much, it's possible that the troublemaker is just a gasket or something.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts