Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, looking to buy a steering damper frame mounting kit.

Does anyone know the ohlins steering damper reference and where can I buy a frame/suspension mounting kit?

I searched but I'm not being able to find the references... Someone told me that ohlins had a specific kit for the duc monster...

Thank you.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Good luck in dealing with Ohlins, if you are a small customer they treat you like dog **** or just ignore you, just my opinion

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good luck in dealing with Ohlins, if you are a small customer they treat you like dog **** or just ignore you, just my opinion
yes... they aren't interested at all... I've to carry on my search....

·
Registered
M1100S - H1100S - XT250
213 Posts
The Ducati Performance steering damper for the Monster 1100 is made by Gubelini and comes with bracket and all.

AFAIK if you want an Ohlins steering damper, you need to purchase the Ducabike mounting kit. Double check with the vendor but I think you need the Ohlins SD001 (universal, 68mm stroke).

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm back.... Still searching... I have clip-ons... And ditched the side mount idea... I really like the top mount... But obviously there's no ready to assemble kit...

Does anyone know a solution?

Thinking of trying a HM kit from ducabike... But pretty sure that I'll probably have to go custom on this...

Screenshot_20210721-050206__01.jpg IMG_20210530_160927_753.jpg

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'm back.... Still searching... I have clip-ons... And ditched the side mount idea... I really like the top mount... But obviously there's no ready to assemble kit...

Does anyone know a solution?

Thinking of trying a HM kit from ducabike... But pretty sure that I'll probably have to go custom on this...

View attachment 227230 View attachment 227231
Cam i overcame the lack of a Ohlins across tyhe tank steering damper, by buying a Matris fitting kit and fitting a Ohlin's SD001 universal damper, to my S4rs

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@Lessaint I'll check that solution. Also saw this one, basic chinese parts but with a ohlins damper.
Screenshot_20210721-094316__01.jpg

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
That would be awesome!!!!!!!! @Lessaint if you can ask what parts did he use.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts