Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellas,

I've decided that the price for the shock and spring is bad and wrong (badong). I can't afford a 900 dollar shock and spring, and it looks as though there are no other fully adjustable replacements. A replacement stocker unit, according to my dealer, would be 800 dollars. . . Still too much. Fox used to make a shock, but not anymore.

Anyhows, I've heard of peeps using an ohlins spring to revive their preload -attaching it to the stock shock. Anyone know the part # or have any suggestions?

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i have a ohlins spring for weight from 165 to 200 . do you know if it will work. if your intrested PM me.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ducvet,

I have the sachs unit. I weigh 220 with gear.

So it is possible to buy and use just the spring without the expensive shock?

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
A few people including myself are buying take-offs from SBK off ebay. I picked-up a dual adjust Showa from a 996 to replace my stock Sachs. Paid I think less than $40. I think the crankcase reservoir needs to be removed to install it but that's about it. I don't know about the spring rate though I am going to use my stock spring.

·
Registered
555 Posts
sorry on the late reply
ohlins springs will fit on the boge shock
look for one that is the same starting length as yours(no preload) probably a 10.5kgm or an 11.0kgm
10.5 if your weight was with gear on 11.0kgm it that was a "buck nekid " weight 15mm preload on either as a starting point
best of luck

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Will ohlins distributers sell just the spring? I was kinda under the impression that you had to buy it used to get just the spring.

Also, is taking the stocker spring off the shock (and putting a new one back on) a process that requires any special fabrication? Or does it just pop on there real easy-like?

If you guys know any good place that actually sells these things without the shock, and can match it up with the boges/sachs shock on the S4, please let me know!

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts