Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw some Ohlins forks on the web, they sure look nice. I can tell the difference between the Nitrided forks and non nitrided as in S4 Vs S4R.

Question: Have other monster owners gone from Showa adjustables to Ohlins, and is there a big differece?

Thanks in advance,
Rideon

·
Registered
426 Posts
I haven't had any experience with Ohlins forks on a monster except making special triple clamps which used to be needed. But I have had experience on SBKs and on my GP Due where I have changed from SBK forks to Ohlins forks. They do make a difference they are better now how much better and is it worth the money or should you just do another track day is up to you.

G

·
I put SBK's on my Monster as they were somewhat cheaper than R&T Ohlins. I figured no matter what I got I would be doing internals anyways.
The SBK's I got need work and a different spring.....In looking for a fork guy, I found PPS here in SoCal, I believe Stig Pettersson used to work at Ohlins. In talking to him I found out there is an Ohlins internal kit for the SBK's, if there was one for the stock Monster adj. forks, I don't know if there is or isn't, it might be worth consideration, rather then swapping. I know for the SBK's with the Ohlins kit there is a larger range of adjustment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts