Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dang,

I get a postcard inviting me to the exclusive unveiling of the 1098 in Mpls and my husband informs me the place is a strib club. Talk about a complete and total harsh on my Ducati buzz. I went on a long rant about it in the MADDOG room, http://www.ducatimonster.org/smf/index.php?topic=70016.0 but I thought Ducati actually wanted to embrace the female riding constituency (ah, maybe embrace is the key word here)...

Jerks.

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts
Make the best of it. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. I bet you'll get free booze and no cover...unlike the male patrons. While they're drooling over boobies, you'll get plenty of time to get up close and personal to the bike with no crowds to hinder you. [thumbsup]

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Maybe they will have male dancers too ;D

I believe that it is the dealership who is holding the event that chooses how and where to do so, not DucatiNA. Although I guess they would have to approve it? Not sure how that works.

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
SheMonster said:
Maybe they will have male dancers too ;D
they are almost alwayz ghey [laugh]
imo, the location sounds more exciting than a launch at the local dealership... atmosphere wise i mean.
the club most likely will have cool music, a full bar set-up, etc...
my .02

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I agree with Nina though, if that type of place is where our local dealership chose to hold the event I wouldn't attend either. Just seems to me to be in really poor taste.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I still might go. I would be really surprised if they were going to do any regular programming, and if they did the guys would be more uncomfortable than the women. That's usually how it is - guys get really embarrassed being in that situation with women they actually know or interact with. All us women would probably be thinking more like "gee I wonder if she razors or waxes?"

The main thing is that it belies their whole party line of empowering women.

·
Registered
454 Posts
ive been to strip clubs with most of my girlfriends.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Yes unfortunately the bike industry is still male orientated, but also long as there are more ladies riding we will slowly start changing the wheel of time. Just look at the business world.

Why don't you go in any case, maybe you can use some of dance moves to spice up you married life. >:D

Hope you have an awesome time.

The 1098 is breathtakingly beautiful, but reminds of the R1. ALos looks as if the people designed the bike. One the front and the other the rear.

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts
I had posted up a comment to the 1098 event thread in No Monster. My attempt to open up some male eyes to what life is like with a bike and a set of boobs wasn't received all that well.

I tried, ladies.

I will exact my revenge by crushing their souls on the twisties of every local canyon in the area (and maybe puttin' down some decent lap times at the track this year to boot!) Would it be in poor taste to slap their asses when/if I pass them? [cheeky]

I am woman, hear... my pipes? ;D

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Why don't you go in any case, maybe you can use some of dance moves to spice up you married life.
Are you implying I got bad moves? [laugh]

Oh I probably will go anyways, but now I wonder if I can still get away with the very sheer sweater I've been favoring these days [cheeky]

·
Registered
10 Posts
Best way to up the ante is get a monster gift hamper together, something that has many bits that any monster owner would like. Offer it up as the first prize. The competition who can get hit on and pawed the most. Venue: a gay club. You'd be amazed how many testosterone filled bikers will allow themselves to be pawed for a bit of free gear and it's a grand laugh watching.

Err... maybe I just have an evil sense of humour. Hey ho.

·
Premium Member
3,128 Posts
Mostrobelle said:
I will exact my revenge by crushing their souls on the twisties of every local canyon in the area (and maybe puttin' down some decent lap times at the track this year to boot!) Would it be in poor taste to slap their asses when/if I pass them? [cheeky]

Heather, honey....you can slap my little Ass anytime....

[laugh]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts