Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i know a few of you are law enforcement folk so I thought Id throw this out there. I drive my buddys pick up at times (registered and insured his name) and recently got a nice intersection photo cam citation in costa mesa. Obviously my buddy got the ticket and on the back it states what to do if he was not the driver....something about sending in the correct drivers CA DL# and info and such.... What is there to stop him or myself from replying with info that the driver was a friend visiting from either out of state or perhaps another country? Correct this is not cool or honest but..in an effort to save $360 in fines+traffic school...I am curious of "alternatives"

thanks and feel free to chastise me in needed.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
I'm not a LEO, so I'm just guessing...
If the Cost Mesa PD doesn't get a valid DL# of someone that will take the fall on the offense, your buddy will....seeing as they've got him.
---------edit--------------
I've been running without a front plate for several years, haven't gotten pinched for it yet. Little late for that now in your case. Dang plate just fell off while the car was parked in my driveway....

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im curious cuz the photo is of me..not my friend (who is the registered owner) and it says what to do on the back if it is not him....i cant believe they would charge him with a moving violation that he did not commit....just his car... hmmm....curious what our resident LEO's will say...

·
Registered
849 Posts
In Germany, if you claim not to be the driver, they come to your door and look at your mug (they also have your passport picture on file). If you're not the driver in the picture and you tell them you don't know who the driver is, you might be able to get away with that once. The second time they can make you fill out a driver's log for the rest of your driving career.

Talk about a pain in the booty.

BTW Nick, I met a guy who ran a light in Culver City late last year. He showed me the pictures they sent him - two from the front and one from behind the car. So regardless of whether he'd had a front plate or not, they still would've gotten his plate from the rear.

-R.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK got the ticket today from my friend...on the back there is an "Affidavit of Non-Liability" with all sorts of info to fiill out...all assuming that the at fault individual resides in the States......and lots of bits about even with the form filled out "may not result in the dismissal of a citation"

what to do what to do.....

I think I might have to take it in the wallet as I dont want to put my friend at risk....the form requires his signature...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts