Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2001 monster 900S that runs well but has a stumble off idle when I blip the throttle. I have a K&N filter and LeoVince high mounts mufflers. All else is stock as well as stock ECU. I have VDST software, trim is at 20 and the throttle angle is 2.6 to 2.8. I have not reset the TPS and it appears that is has never been touched as the paint is still on the screws. Bike has 10K on it and the belst and valve clearances were just done. It's pretty annoying and would like to figure it out. Bike runs extremely well of idle. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Put the baffles in that came with the LeoVince pipes in and it odes run better. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Put the baffles in that came with the LeoVince pipes in and it odes run better. Any thoughts?

If it runs better with baffles I'd bet the engine is running a bit lean with the filter and high flow exhaust...The baffles don't let the exhaust flow as much.

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If it runs better with baffles I'd bet the engine is running a bit lean with the filter and high flow exhaust...The baffles don't let the exhaust flow as much.
Nope. I had it trimmed up pretty high and it still didn't run good. Put the baffles back in and trimmed it down and it runs better.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
I have an 01 S and I have the exact same issue. FBF hi mounts, stock airbox/tune etc. I'm going to try my stock mufflers next week and see if that remedies it. Don't really feel like throwing a power commander at it, but if going back to stock pipes cures it then I'll know that's the solution...

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have an 01 S and I have the exact same issue. FBF hi mounts, stock airbox/tune etc. I'm going to try my stock mufflers next week and see if that remedies it. Don't really feel like throwing a power commander at it, but if going back to stock pipes cures it then I'll know that's the solution...
I've got a Dobeck Powercard and VDSTS software to adjust trim levels and still has a stumble when blipping the throttle. Going to look at the TPS next.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've honestly never tuned a bike but have tuned a handfull of FI cars.

Do the tuning setups you guys are using have ''tip in" settings?
It sounds like thats where the issue is. When you open the throttle you need to dump a tiny bit of extra fuel at that second...You are either rich or lean on tip in.

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
anyone else? I've trimmed this bike from 0 to +50 and it runs the best at +50 but still does not takew throttle when it is blipped at idle. Plugs are a nice light tan.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts