Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a good technique to remove these ugly things?
I tried "Goo Gone" and WD-40 with NO luck.

Thanks!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Warmer is better. Peel them off, or if they break up use a credit card to scrape them off. WD-40 is about as good as there is to remove the glue, but it takes some work even then.

-Don

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
I just waited for a warm day, sat the bike in the sun for an hour and peeled. I had to use a tiny bit of Goo Gone on the spot where one sticker was, overall very easy...

·
Registered
455 Posts
Learn from my misery - peel them off along the broad side of the sticker (i.e., from the top down, perpendicular to the tubing)! Trust me, it's much easier this way. I tried pulling the first one off by peeling down the length of the tube and the whole thing flaked into a million pieces, driving me insane. I removed the second one as I recommended above and it was sooo much easier.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
you people are all going to prison! I am an undercover sticker inspector- I also work for the mattress police. So get used to the words "a$$holes to belly buttons". oh, and dont drop the soap. You may think that removing those stickers is a victimless crime, but Herb has to earn a living one way or another!

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gotta catch me first! ohh and please don't check my exhaust for DOT compliance,....
emissions canisters, license plate light, .... .... .open airbox... power commander 2, single mirror, . ....

.. .driving recored!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts