Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had an Evoluzione clutch slave on my S4RS for almost two years now. It's been very reliable; however, I never felt the claimed 30% reduction in clutch pull. The heavy clutch pull of the Ducati never really bothered me and I only replaced the slave cylinder for aesthetics.

After putting a ton of money into the S4RS I decided this year that my 996 was being neglected and started to add some bling to it. I read about the Oberon clutch slave regarding its quality, reduction in clutch pull and cost.

First, the quality of the Oberon is probably a slight step up from the Evoluzione.
Second, there is actually a 30% reduction in clutch pull as opposed to the Evoluzione which feels about 10% IMO.
Third, the Oberon sells for $129, the Evoluzione sells for $179.

I think it's a no brainer and just wanted to pass it on.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
I'm gonna have to back him up on this one, I have one on my SFS and one on my 999R.
None of the ones I've tried before stands a chance.

·
Registered
635 Posts
The OBERON Clutch Slave Cylinder is our new favorite. We are using it on all of our own project bikes now.

On my 1098, I replaced the STM slave. It was a lot easier to find neutral- yet just as easy of a clutch pull.

So if I understand correctly, the Oberon is far better than the Evoluzione, STM and DP slaves?
Will I notice the difference in a Monster 620? I'd like to get some performance clutch parts, but, cannot find anyone, excpet FBF, who makes something for the 'little Duc'...

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So if I understand correctly, the Oberon is far better than the Evoluzione, STM and DP slaves?
Will I notice the difference in a Monster 620? I'd like to get some performance clutch parts, but, cannot find anyone, except FBF, who makes something for the 'little Duc'...
I wouldn't say that the Oberon is "far" better than the Evoluzione or STM (don't know much about the DP). It does from my experience make clutch pull easier than the Evoluzione, is slightly better quality and is less money. IMO those are enough reasons to purchase the Oberon. That's not to say that if you purchase the Evoluzione or STM you made a bad choice. The Evoluzione on my S4RS looks good and has performed flawlessly in over 8K miles since I installed it.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
clutch slave cyl

yoyodyne all the way. works as advertised, outstanding reputation. lifetime warranty & rebuildable if ever needed.
cheers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts