Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to replace my Kilamanjaro with something less bulky. Maybe something shorter and sportier (while still mono-toned). I looked at the JR Meteor yesterday and was dissapointed with its lack of venting. I'm thinking I'd like something that fits snug (not flappy like the First Gear) and something with more zippers than velcro.

Any suggestions/ideas?

Thanks,
Dave

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
I wear a FG Kenya when it's cold or threatening rain. But, it does not fit that well. I wanted to drop to a small but the sleeves are too short.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
I bought a Cortech and took it back. Could not snug the waist. The straps are stiched in front of elastic so when you try to snug the waist it just stretches elastic. The FG straps are stitched behind the elastic.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Not sure if you're looking for something cool, although you did say you were disappointed with the JR Meteor's lack of venting. I've got a Vanson Ventilator that's snug, mono-colored, only has two velcro straps to help snug the arms/armor, and has so far been a great purchase. List price is a bit steep compared to other similar items ($250), but I picked mine up for about $170 and it was well worth it.

Good luck!

Mark

·
Registered
376 Posts
I got the Marsee Force Five jacket for Christmas, and it sounds like exactly what your describing, it is a heavy ballistic cloth, has shoulder and elbow armour, and a back pad. It has front and rear vents from each shoulder down to the bottom of the jacket, plus armpit vents and a removable liner. I got mine from whitebuffaloracing.com I think it was under $200.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I've been wearing a Joe Rocket "Hard Drive" for the past two years and I like it a lot. It offers good protection, has a nice zip-in liner, has vents at the front of each shoulder as well as across the back and it doesn't flap in the breeze.

I'd buy another one in a heartbeat. ;)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
living in kuwait puts me up against 110+ degree weather. I just got the JR phoenix. It can't get much cooler than this it feels like having nothing on. I read about 100+ reviews and most of the people liked it, some complained that they wouldn't feel safe in a crash. The interesting thing was out of all the people that had actually gone down with the jacket, they all raved about it. It held up for one time which was all they needed. The only thing I don't like so far are the cuffs. Other than that the jacket fits fine and JR sizing chart is spot on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts