Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone headed out to the NYC Tuesday night get-together this week (6/3)?

Just curious since we actually may get 2 rain free days in a row...

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm going to a concert tonight but maybe we can plan on getting a group together to ride there next Tuesday... I'm up for that!!!

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just as well...

Guess what the forecast is for tonight?!

<sigh>

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone interested in going to the Ear tomorrow night? Unfortunately my mostro will be in the shop getting the black m900 wheels and 208ZRs fitted so I won't be able to make it... Figured I'd try to round up the troops anyway...

-Nick :)

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm back from my trip this weekend and yes, I'd be interested in going tonite.

What time does it all start?

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would say 6:30-7ish... Like I said... I can't make it but hopefully we can round up a group to go... I'll be able to make it next tuesday bar no issues.

-nick

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well 7:00(ish) is not an option since I don't get home until around 7:00-7:30. Figure I can be there around 8:30-9:00.

If all goes well today, I'll stop by and see what it's like. NJ, if you get cabin fever, take the cage.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
good call! I might just do that.. bring some camera equipment and take some good shots...

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wolvie,

Did you go to the Ear last night??? I heard there was a good showing of bikes... I just got word that my bike is finished!! So I should be ready to rock for next tuesday bar no issues with the weather...

-Nick

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yup, I was there.

In a word...WOW.

There were WELL over 300 bikes there. Took up all the parking spots (as well as most of the sidewalk) on the entire block (both sides) and around 2 corners. I saw at least 50 Monsters of various size and years (though I was the only one there with the M1000...little bump to the ego ya know!).

All and all it was a really very friendly and nice group. I would not mind going back again.

BTW, I did pimp out the DML board while I was there (ya hear that Michael?!). Mainly because people kept asking what "WOLV" meant when they looked at my plate. Another unexpected thing was when I overheard a conversation between 4 guys discussing S4Strati's pipe mod site. See, your getting famous even all the way over here in NY!

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Holy Crap! over 300 bikes!! I didn't think it was that big!!

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I didn't see anyone with Strati's mod...but the guys that were talking about it seemed to think it was a good idea. Hopefully he will see some business as a result.

Printing out the flyers, or better yet the business cards is an excellent idea. Pretty much a target rich environment there. I wasn't prepared for the number of people who showed up so the idea simply didn't cross my mind. I'm guessing that everyone had cabin fever from the weather so they jumped at the first opportunity to get outside.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Know that it is kind of late already, but any of you cats planning on rolling up to this tonight? I was supposed to have a dinner meeting tonight so I don't have the bike at work, but meeting just went the way of the dog and so if I get out of here at a decent hour may skip the gym and walk up and check it out.

RC

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just got back from there, Bobby.

Nice turnout...about 200 or so bikes.

For the most part, a really nice group of riders too. Makes the beginning of the week so much more bearable.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
OK, it's Tuesday...

It's Sunny...

It's like 90...

Anyone going tonite?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts